Once, a beautiful and talented weaver of cloth and fabric, a single prideful mistake made a monster of Arachne for all time.
With loom and thread, there were none more skilled than the mortal Arachne. Viewers traveled leagues just to see her art. So wondrous and majestic were her tapestries, it was said the spinner must have been instructed by the patron Goddess of Weavers herself, Athena. To this comparison, Arachne proudly scoffed, claiming not even the Gods rivaled her talent at weaving.
When Athena heard this, disguised as a crone, she visited Arachne and encouraged her to show proper respect to the Gods. Arachne dismissed the old woman and issued a challenge that no God, not even Athena, could weave better than she. Furious, Athena revealed herself and accepted the challenge.
They both set to the loom with fervor. Athena wove a glorious tapestry depicting her battle with Poseidon over the city of Athens. Her detail and imagery were exquisite. Yet Arachne’s weavings depicted Zeus in his many infidelities with mortals. So flawless, so lifelike was her artistry, not even Athena could refute the skill, nor could she contain her anger at such a sleight. Violently, she tore Arachne’s tapestry and pressed a finger to Arachne’s forehead. Twisting in anguish, Arachne fell to the ground as additional legs grew from her body, screaming as she transformed into the first spider.
It was an act of anger and pity, a lesson and a curse, for spiders are the greatest of weavers, and Arachne, in particular, was to weave for all time, but none could doubt the consequence for Arachne’s pride. Still, within her twisted heart, Arachne never forgave Athena, consumed by a dark hatred that can be sated only by the destruction of the Gods.
|Arachne's Basic Attacks gain 1.5% Physical damage for every 5% of a target's missing Health.|
|Upon activation, Arachne's next Basic Attack within 5s does additional damage and infects the target with Venom, dealing damage over time and healing Arachne every 0.5s for 3s.|
|Initial Damage: 50/75/100/125/150 (+35% of your Physical Power)|
Damage per Tick: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of your Physical Power)
Healing per Tick: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of your Physical Power)
|Arachne spindles her webbing, and her next 3 successful Basic Attacks are executed with increased Attack Speed for 6s. If all 3 Basic Attacks hit the same target, that target is Stunned.|
|Attack Speed: 30/40/50/60/70%|
Stun Duration: 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4s
|Arachne shoots a line of Web forward. She is Immune to Slows and moves faster on Web. If the Web reaches max range a Web trap will spawn. Enemy gods who walk through the trap or get hit by the projectile are Slowed by 25%, revealed to Arachne, leave a trail of Web behind them, and are attacked by Pet Broodlings. Arachne can only have 2 Web traps or projectiles active at a time.|
|Slow Duration: 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s|
Movement Speed: 40%
Broodling Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 per hit
Web Lifetime: 240s
|Arachne flips up to her infinite web, hanging upside down above the lane and increasing her movement speed. She may leap off the web to deal damage to all enemies in the target area.|
|Damage: 150/250/350/450/550 (+100% of your Physical Power)|
Duration on Web: 5s
Movement Speed: 40%
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old Cards Edit
Arachnophobia: As Arachne, have your broodlings deliver the killing blow to an enemy god. Wrapped Up: As Arachne, successfully stun 3 or more enemy Gods in a match with Cocoon.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.24) Note: Night Crawler Arachne now creates a 25 unit radius area of Web that lasts for 5s wherever she lands. Enemies in this area are slowed by 25% and Arachne gains 40% Movement Speed and is immune to slows while on the web. Overlaying Webs from Night Crawler and her third ability “Web” do not stack in intensity.
- (Patch 3.20) Note: Tormentula skin added.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Fixed the spiders on Arachne’s web not showing their Mastery color.
- (Patch 3.15) Note: Web Fixed some issues where the web could “stack” in unintended ways.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: Web Now fires as a projectile of Web and Spiders! Arachne shoots a line of Web forward. She is Immune to Slows and moves faster on Web. If the Web reaches max range a Web trap will spawn. Enemy gods who walk through the trap or get hit by the projectile are Slowed by 25%, revealed to Arachne, leave a trail of Web behind them, and are attacked by Broodlings. Arachne can only have two Web traps active at a time and the Webs last 240s.
- (Patch 3.7) Note: Arachne visual update. Standard and Mastery skins remodeled. Grim Weaver skin added.