Feared by his enemies, reviled by his father, adored by the Goddess of Beauty, and worshipped by warriors, Ares, a tortured and lonely soul, is the bloodthirsty Greek God of War.
Ares is not loved by the people. He represents everything they fear and despise: war, strife, chaos, and murder. It’s said that the sky darkens when Ares takes the field. That he rides to battle on a chariot drawn by fire-breathing steeds and delights only in the clash of battle and smell of bloodshed.
Ares is not loved by his father. Zeus has many sons, but only two with his wife Hera. However, the thunder God has long suspected Hera of having an affair that led to the birth of Ares, perhaps as revenge for all of Zeus’ infidelity. For this, Zeus is disgusted by him.
Ares is not loved by his sister. Athena and Ares are both Gods of War. Where Ares represents violence, force, and slaughter, Athena is the embodiment of intelligence, strategy, and leadership. Ares is quick to act and leave a bloody trail. Athena is thoughtful and careful with lives. Often they have been on the opposite sides, most notably at the Battle of Troy, where Athena viciously wounded him and forced Ares to retreat.
Ares is the lover of the Goddess of Beauty. Though Aphrodite is married to Ares’ brother, Hephaestus, Ares takes what he wants, and Aphrodite gives in willingly. Their union created offspring almost as terrible as Ares himself: Phobos and Deimos, Fear and Terror.
Ares is loved only by the Spartans, who revere the God for his masculinity, his merciless warrior spirit, and tenacity against all odds. The Spartans, however, know the unpredictable fury of their patron, and bind his statues in chains. This is, in part, to prevent Ares’ spirit of victory from escaping Sparta, and a vain effort to keep the God of War contained.
|Each completed aura item that Ares owns grants him 30 additional Magical Power.|
|Chains extend from Ares' shield, doing damage to all enemies in its path. Hitting a god shackles them to Ares, Cripples them, preventing movement abilities, dealing the same damage every second while slowing them by 15% and buffing Ares. While shackled, Ares can fire another chain for free within 2s.|
|Minion Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+15% of your Magical Power)|
God Damage per Tick: 25/45/65/85/105 (+15% of your Magical Power)
Speed Buff per Target Shackled: 15%
Max Shackles: 3
|Ares strengthens the defenses of himself and all nearby allies, granting Protections and reducing Crowd Control durations. For each shackled enemy, the Protection Buffs are increased.|
CC Reduction: 10/15/20/25/30%
Shackle Bonus: 7
|Flames pour forth from Ares' shield, engulfing enemies in a cone in front of him causing damage every .5s for 4s. Ares is immune to Knockback for the duration.|
|Damage per Tick: 15/20/25/30/35 (+7% of your Magical Power)|
% Max Health per Tick: 1/1/2/2/3%
|Ares throws chains out to all enemy gods in an area around him. All enemies hit by the chains are pulled to Ares after 2.5s, taking damage and are Stunned.|
Affects: Enemy Gods
|Damage: 200/275/350/425/500 (+40% of your Magical Power)|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Ares incinerate two gods in one match with Searing Flesh.
As Ares hit and pull five enemy gods at once with No Escape.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.23) Note: Godslayer skin added.
- (Patch 5.6) Note: No Escape No longer requires Line of Sight to grab onto enemies.
- (Patch 5.2) Note: Shackles Increased Minion Damage from 50/70/90/110/130 to 70/90/110/130/150. Bolster Defenses Decreased Mana from 60/65/70/75/80 to 40/45/50/55/60.
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Hired Gun skin added. Increased Movement Speed from 360 to 365.
- (Patch 4.12) Note: Elevate skin added.
- (Patch 4.8) Note: Increased Base Physical Protection from 17 → 20.
- (Patch 4.5) Note: Shackles increased Minion Damage Dealt from 25/45/65/85/105 → 50/70/90/110/130.
- (Patch 3.25) Note: Spectral Sword skin added.
- (Patch 3.23) Note: Mastery skins added.