Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may die. None adhere more vigorously to this creed than Bacchus, the Roman God of Wine, lewd behavior, and madness.
After spending much of his formative years with his impressively intoxicated mentor Solinus, whom Bacchus loves like a father, the God of Wine is now a wanderer and teacher. He’s journeyed across all of Asia, through India, and finally back to Rome, spreading the “Mysteries of the Vine,” a ritual involving incredible amounts of wine to lower inhibitions, freeing one from social constraints, oppression of gender, sexual taboos, and the stresses of life. Quite the successful ritual, if ever there was one.
Much of this ritual seems to have come from Solinus, who is widely known to have vast, secret knowledge and the ability to predict the future, though only while completely drunk. The king Midas, covetous of this knowledge, captured Solinus, endeavoring to extract it by providing the scholar the finest food, drink, and entertainment he could muster. Bacchus finally tracked down his mentor in the court of Midas and discovered him well fed and cared for. Quickly, Midas lied, claiming Solinus had been lost and the king had taken him in. Seeing through the ruse, Bacchus offered the monarch a boon. Midas asked that anything he touched be turned to gold. Without hesitation, Bacchus granted this. He tested his new gift on a twig and stone and found them turned completely to gold. Elated, Midas called a feast, but found his food turned to gold in his hands and his daughter solidified at his touch. Starving and crazed, Midas begged Bacchus to remove the “gift.” Bacchus acquiesced, allowing the greedy king to wash his hands in the Pactolus river. As the golden touch left his hands, the river sands transformed to glittering gold.
Of course, the product of continuous overindulgence in alcohol and deviant behavior, Bacchus could simply be insane.
|Bacchus loves the drink and as Bacchus drinks from his jug, he becomes more intoxicated, gaining buffs when he gets Tipsy and Smashed.
Bacchus also celebrates when he kills an enemy god, giving him 10% on his meter.
|Tipsy: Gain 10 Magical Power and 7% Damage Mitigation|
Smashed: Gain 30 Magical Power and 14% Damage Mitigation
|Bacchus takes a drink from his jug, giving him additional buffs.|
|Bacchus jumps into the air and, not so gracefully, comes slamming to the ground belly first, knocking all enemies into the air and dealing damage. If he is Tipsy, all enemies are also Slowed after they land.|
|Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 (+70% of your Magical Power)|
Slow Duration: 2s
|Belch of the Gods|
|Bacchus lets out an obnoxiously loud belch, doing damage every 0.5s for 2s and Debuffing enemy healing. If he is Tipsy, enemies are Stunned for 1s. Bacchus is immune to knockback for the duration.|
|Damage per Tick: 25/40/55/70/85 (+15% of your Magical Power)|
Healing Debuff: 50%
Healing Debuff Duration: 4s
|Bacchus smashes his jug of wine on the ground, intoxicating all nearby enemies and doing damage. If he is Smashed, Bacchus also gains a Magical Power Buff because of his anger over his lost wine!|
|Damage: 250/325/400/475/550 (+70% of your Magical Power)|
Intoxication Debuff Duration: 6s
Magical Power Buff: 20/30/40/50/60
Buff Duration: 5s
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
Achievements EditBottoms Up:
As Bacchus, keep your Drunk-o-meter in smashed from five minutes.Everybody Getting Tipsy:
As Bacchus, intoxicate three or more enemy Gods at once.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 6.1) Note: Chug Chug is now available at Level 1 and has a Rank 0. Rank 0 Chug does not provide any Protections. Rank 0 Chug costs 35 Mana. Chug now provides 40% Drunk-o-Meter at all Ranks.
- (Patch 5.11) Note: Evil Spirits skin added.
- (Patch 5.7) Note: Belch of the Gods Increased Damage from 20/35/50/65/80 to 25/40/55/70/85. Healing Reduction is now applied when Bacchus is at any level of his Drunk-O-Meter. Increased duration of healing reduction from 3s to 4s.
- (Patch 4.16) Note: Bearly Buzzed skin added.
- (Patch 4.10) Note: Bacchus visual update. Standard, Mastery, and Enemy skins remodeled.
- (Patch 3.20) Note: Belch of the Gods healing Reduction debuff increased from 25% → 50%.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Hoot ‘n Holler skin added.
- (Patch 3.14) Note: Intoxicate reduced Intoxicates debuff duration from 8s → 6s.