Deep beneath the turbulent tides of the ocean lingers a God of idle rage. What must it be like to live forever in the shadow of your brother? To be denied again and again that which you desire, despite the power of the wrathful seas at your command? So Poseidon broods on his throne at the ocean floor.
As a child, Poseidon and his brother, Hades, were consumed by their father, Cronus. Powerless to escape, it was left to mighty Zeus to free them and slay their patron. Together, they defeated the last of the Titans and ushered in a new age of dominance for Olympian Gods, but their freedom, their very lives, Zeus would never let either brother forget were owed to him. Even as the heavens, the underworld, and the seas were divided among them, Zeus positioned himself as king of all, and what was Poseidon to do but be thankful he had been spared a fate in his father’s belly? So he retired to his new realm and began the pursuit of gathering worshippers.
Soon rose a great ocean front city of mankind, and Poseidon presented himself as their God, but another had already come, Athena, Zeus’ daughter. A competition was held – each God would offer a gift and the people would select their sponsor. Confident, Poseidon drove his Trident, a trophy from the battle against the Titans, into the ground and a limitless spring emerged, but the people found the water salty and undrinkable. Athena extended her hand and a graceful olive tree rose from the earth. Wood, food, and oil, all from one gift. The people decided and the city was called Athens.
It may be that Poseidon never desired greatness as Zeus did. Had his father never consumed him, had he never been made God of the Sea, had his brother never crowned himself King of the Gods, Poseidon might have lived contentedly, but that chance is gone. Now, with the very tides at his command, an army of sea beasts at his back, and the formidable Kraken at his call, the glowering God of the deep seeks to quench his thirsty rage and plunge all the world in endless, wrathful seas.
|Poseidon's Movement speed increases and his abilities do additional damage as his Tide Level increases. Successful basic attack hits increase his Tide, and using abilities decreases it.|
|High Tide Damage: Abilities deal up to 20% additional damage at max Tide Level|
High Tide Speed: Movement speed increases up to 10% at max Tide Level
Basic Attacks: +10% Tide Level on Hit
|Poseidon summons forth a wave that travels in a line, dealing damage and pushing back all enemies in its path.|
|Damage: 100/140/180/220/260 (+70% of your magical power)|
|Tidal Meter: -20% Tide|
|Poseidon activates his Trident, granting Move speed and making his basic attacks fire 2 additional shots in a spread for 6s. The shots deal magical damage plus 20% of Poseidon's Magical Power. All shots increase Poseidon's Tide on successful hit.|
|Base Damage per Hit: 30/40/50/60/70|
|Movement Speed: 5/10/15/20/25%|
|Poseidon summons a whirlpool at his ground target location that cripples targets, preventing movement abilities, and pulls targets toward the center dealing magical damage every .5s for 3s. Reduces Poseidon's Tide by 25% when cast.|
|Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+15% of your magical power)|
|Tidal Meter: -25% Tide|
Ability: Ground Target
|Release the Kraken!|
|Poseidon releases the Kraken, damaging and slowing targets in its radius. Enemies in the center of the effect when it spawns take additional damage, are bounced into the air and stunned.|
|Damage: 170/195/220/245/270 (+30% of your magical power)|
Damage (Center): 180/220/260/300/340 (60% of your magical power)
Tidal Meter: 30% Tide
Stun (Center): 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s
Ability: Ground Target
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Poseidon Hit three or more Enemy gods with Release the Kraken!
As Poseidon keep your tide meter above 50% for more than a minute.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 6.1) Note: Increased Physical Protection per level from 2.2 to 2.6.
- (Patch 5.25) Note: Vapor Wave skin added.
- (Patch 5.16) Note: Tidal Surge Fixed an issue with Tidal Surge’s moving deployable which caused its collision height to be shorter than intended. Release the Kraken! Normalized the knock-up height of this ability from 300/325/350/375/400 to 375 at all ranks. Poseidon should now be able to hit an enemy knocked up by Release the Kraken with Tidal Surge.
- (Patch 5.15) Note: Riptide skin added.
- (Patch 5.7) Note: Tidal Surge Decreased Tide cost from 30 to 20. Release the Kraken! Decreased Tide cost from 50 to 30.
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Now all mages have magic prot scalings of .9 per level.
- (Patch 4.10) Note: Abyssal Sorcerer skin and dance emote added.
- (Patch 4.5) Note: Poseidon visual update. Standard, Recolor, Mastery, London Conspiracy and Kraken remodeled.
- (Patch 3.17) Note: Tide Increased Movement Speed bonus from 10% → 15%. Trident Reduced the pre-fire on this ability so players can immediately fire a basic attack without waiting for Trident’s animation to finish.
- (Patch 3.5) Note: Fixed an issue where he could pull the Fire Elementals out of the Fire Giant Pit.