Solar Flare | October 6, 2015
New God: Sol - Goddess of the Sun
Unstable Manifestation (Passive)
- Sol gains Heat as she uses abilities and hits with Basic Attacks. She gains +1% Magical Power and +1% Attack Speed for every 3% Heat. At 0% Heat, Sol's Basic Attacks gain +35% Damage. Heat decreases over time. Basic Attacks : +5% Heat
- Sol burns bright, gaining a large amount of Heat, healing herself over time for (5/10/15/20/25% of missing Health over 5s) and igniting the ground around her. Enemies that walk onto the fire take (30/60/90/120/150 + 25% of your Magical Power) damage every second. This ability provides 40/50/60/70/80% Heat. Cost: 60/70/80/90/100. Cooldown: 15s.
- Sol's next Basic Attack explodes, creating a shockwave that travels out, dealing (40/70/100/130/160 + 35% of your Magical Power) damage. At full size, the wave retracts, dealing damage again and Slowing enemies. This ability provides 10% Heat. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 10s.
- Sol burns down her manifestation, gaining movement speed (20/25/25/25/30%) and ignoring all movement penalties, while leaving a trail of fire behind her that damages enemies (20/40/60/80/100 + 25% of your Magical Power) every .5 seconds. After 3s Sol loses corporeal form for a short time and her trail explodes, Stunning enemies for 1.5s. Sol may leave her incorporeal form early. This ability provides 10% Heat. Cost: 60. Cooldown: 15s.
- Sol unleashes all her flame and fury from the sky, striking 8 times along a moveable ground target location. Enemies hit take (150/200/250/300/350 +50% of your Magical Power) damage are knocked back on the first strike, only taking 20% damage on successive hits. This ability generates 10% Heat. Cost: 100. Cooldown: 90s.
New God Skins
|Supernova Sol||Grim Mariachi Loki||Golden/Legendary/Diamond Ravana|
- New Odyssey content revealed each week
New Voice Packs
- Sol Wave and Clap
- Standard Ares has been switched back to the original art.
Updated God Cards
|Convention 2013 Kali|
- We would like to thank Jishnu Nandwana (Jaggudada) for working with us to bring his Kali Convention artwork into SMITE.
- Basic Tutorial
- The Basic Tutorial has been updated with a more matinee driven approach, giving new players a slightly more story driven and engaging introduction into SMITE. In addition to this change, we have also modified the steps to put more focus on the things that we want new players to learn. Give it a try and please provide feedback!
- Arena Tutorial
- Some changes have been made to the Arena Tutorial to teach players about the Buff camp aggro rules, the juggernaut, etc. We hope that these changes will better help new Arena players learn the game mode and map.
- Ongoing improvements to the god bot behaviors is in the works. The latest phase of changes has focused on simplifying their decision making and better preparing them for future improvements.
- Arena Map Visuals
- The Arena has been decorated for the Halloween season. The map will include many themed decorations, spooky music, zombie minions, and Siege Minion now wielding a Jack-o-lantern Bomb!
- Upon death, all gods will now leave behind a tombstone.
- Roll to unlock content from Halloweens past, as well as a chance to unlock the Exclusive Grim Mariachi Loki!
- Play screen – New flow and visual overhaul.
- Players with privacy flag set will be excluded from leaderboard results.
- New Achievements for Arachne and Rama:
- Arachnophobia: As Arachne, have your broodlings deliver the killing blow to an enemy.
- Wrapped Up: As Arachne, successfully Stun 3 or more enemy gods in a match with cocoon.
- I'm a Pro: As Rama, kill two enemy gods while in your Ultimate.
- Ouch: As Rama, Cripple every enemy god in a single match using Rolling Assault.
- Fixed Achievement ‘Charge!’ being given to Hades players in certain scenarios
“This item is certainly seeing some play as of the recent changes to it. We love this item since it has become a compelling choice, but it was slightly too efficient when the Passive proced. We are toning down the Passive to bring this item back into line.”
- Decreased passive healing from 20% → 15% of your maximum Health and Mana.
- Now available in Assault.
- Now provides 250 Mana.
- No longer provides 250 Mana.
- Magical Power increased from 40 → 45.
- The Moves
- Increased the Knockback strength from 175 → 250.
“Often Awilix players find themselves having to hit a very small timing window from when someone took off to when they went behind a wall. We want to reward Awilix for saving the Ultimate to pull a fleeing opponent, even if they have jumped over a wall.”
- Gravity Surge
- Can now pull enemies through walls with Gravity Surge.
- Refraction Shield
- Reduced Cooldown from 14/13/12/11/10 → 10 at all ranks.
- Rain Dance
- Slow increased from 5/10/15/20/25% → 15/20/25/30/35%.
- Atlas of the Yellow River
- He Bo and his allies are now immune to Slow effects while on the River.
“Hou Yi is a Hunter who lacks a hard steroid to really allow him to box, instead focusing on landing powerful (and Stunning) Ricochets to make up for this. By lowering the Cooldown Hou Yi players should feel more impactful more often while also taking less of a risk when they go for those double bounce trick shots.”
- Reduced Cooldown from 14 → 10s.
- Fixed an issue with projectile accuracy from the sides.
- Increased Physical Damage Scaling from 30 → 60%.
“Mercury players who use Fastest God Alive to its fullest often see themselves landing very powerful in-hands out of their Ultimates or when ganking. We like this playstyle and how it forces people to go just far enough with their Ultimate so they can turn around and punch the god with a powerful hit. Because of this we have chosen to up the payoff potential of this Passive.”
- Fastest God Alive
- Increased maximum damage bonus for distance travelled from 50% → 75%.
- Special Delivery
- Increased throw height from 300 → 350.
- Reduced Cooldown from 18 → 16.
- Shadow Lock
- This ability now Cripples, in addition to Roots.
- Night Terror
- Improved targeting accuracy.
“After looking at Sobek's performance and his limiting factors, we chose to lower the Mana costs on his abilities as well as give his Ultimate more utility. Lowering his Mana costs means he should be able to protect his teammates and catch enemies much more often. Increasing the utility on his Ultimate means he has better engage potential with this ability, while also allowing this Ultimate to act as a much stronger deterrent for chasing enemies.”
- Charge Prey
- Reduced Mana cost from 70/80/90/100/110 → 70/75/80/85/90.
- Sickening Strike
- Reduced Mana cost from 70/80/90/110/110 → 60/65/70/75/80.
- Lurking in the Waters
- Sobek now increases his Protections by 30% while submerged.
- Slow increased from 15/20/25/30/35% → 20/25/30/35/40%.
- Change Stance
- Increased Defense Stance Protections from 8/16/24/32/40 → 10/20/30/40/50.
- Decreased cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11 → 14/13/12/11/10.
- Fixed issue with ability preemptively hitting collision.
“When viewing Xing Tian's performance, we noticed his Ultimate was still providing a high amount of damage tied to a very potent, potentially team-wide, Crowd Control effect. We have increased the Cooldown to 100s at all ranks to control the potency of this skill to still be strong, but more manageable.”
- Whirlwind of Rage and Steel
- Increased Cooldown from 100/95/90/85/80s → 100s at all ranks.
“Zhong Kui is a Mage that needs to get into the middle of the fight to be effective. While he has tools in his kit to help him, we felt that in too many situations he just didn't have what he needed to get the job done. We have increased some of his base stats, as well as allowed him to have Magical Protection scaling to help him in later phases of the game. We will be watching these changes closely to see how it affects The Demon Queller.”
- Base Stats
- Increased base Health from 400 to 450.
- Increased Health per level from 75 to 85.
- Increased Magical Protection per level from 0 to 0.9.