5.19 - Queen of the Gods | October 15, 2018
- 1 5.19 - Queen of the Gods | October 15, 2018
- 1.1 New Greek God: Hera - Queen of the Gods
- 1.2 New God Skins
- 1.3 New Voice Packs
- 1.4 Project Olympus
- 1.5 Misc.
- 1.6 Bug Fixes
- 1.7 Item Balance
- 1.8 God Balance
New Greek God: Hera - Queen of the Gods
Commanding Presence (Passive)
- Each time Hera deals damage to gods with her Abilities or Basic Attacks while Argus is inactive, Argus' cooldown is reduced. Each time Hera deals damage to gods with her Abilities or Basic Attacks while Argus is active, Argus is healed for a flat amount, scaling based on Hera's Level.
- Cooldown per Hit: 1s
- Argus Heal: 20 + 5 per level
- Argus First Hit: 30 (+30% of your Magical Power)
- Argus Second Hit: 30 (+30% of your Magical Power)
- Argus Third Hit: 45 (+40% of your Magical Power)
- Hera damages enemies in a cone in front of her before opening a portal for Argus to attack through. Enemy minions hit by this cone are knocked into Argus' path. Argus then slams his fists at the target location dealing heavy damage. If both of his fists connects with an enemy, it deals 15% extra damage.
- Ability: AoE
- Affects: Enemies
- Range: 45
- Cone Damage: 30/40/50/60/70 (+15% of your Magical Power)
- Fist Damage: 75/120/165/210/255 (+80% of your Magical Power)
- Cooldown: 10s
- Cost: 55/60/65/70/75
- Hera weaves magic in front of her before sending it out. Enemies hit by this ability take damage. If this ability hits a god it causes their form to shift into a monster.
- Ability: Line
- Affects: Enemies
- Range: 80
- Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+75% of your Magical Power)
- Polymorph Duration: 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2s
- Cooldown: 14s
- Cost: 60
- Hera shrouds herself in her divine power, granting her a shield from damage and temporary movement speed that lasts as long as the shield remains. If Argus is active, Argus shines with the same Divine power as Hera, causing him to deal radiant damage and move at an increased rate.
- Ability: Shield and Buff
- Affects: Self
- Shield Health: 50/100/150/200/250 +15 per Hera's Level
- Shield Duration: 5s
- Movement Speed: 15%
- Argus Aura Damage: 7/11/15/19/23 (+7.5% of your Magical Power)
- Argus Speed: 50%
- Cooldown: 16s
- Cost: 45/50/55/60/65
Argus, the Defender
- Hera brings Argus crashing down at a location, damaging and knocking up enemies. On landing Argus will attack the nearest target. Hera can control where Argus moves through refiring this ability onto an enemy or if he has a target, to recall him. While recalled Argus will defend Hera and attack anyone that gets close. Argus has a hit chain that starts with a normal basic attack, into a ground circle AoE slowing enemies by 20% for 1s, into a line attack.
- Ability: AoE
- Affects: Enemies
- Radius: 20
- Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+35% of your Magical Power)
- Argus Lifetime: 40s
- Argus Health: 700/1275/1850/2425/3000
- Argus Physical Protection: 15/20/25/30/35
- Argus Movement Speed: 440/455/470/485/500
- Cooldown: 70s
- Cost: 80/85/90/95/100
New God Skins
Crimson Queen Hera
Standard - Recolor
Cutting Edge Ullr
Exclusive - Hera's Odyssey
Omni Tech Odin
Exclusive - Hera's Odyssey
Shadow Eater Bakasura
Exclusive - Halloween Chest
Mastery Skins - Hera
New Voice Packs
- Muting players will now mute all audio sources coming from that player (including map pings).
Console UI Updates
- Loading screen and many elements on it have been updated to reduce business and have a cleaner aesthetic.
- Odyssey points, Fantasy Points, or similar currencies have been removed from all loading frames
- The option to show K/D/A has been removed.
- Players now have the option to “show or hide mastery” which only affects the roman numeral and stars mastery number .
- Options menu has been updated.
- Recently played players has been added.
- Report or friend players after leaving your match lobby!
- An option is now available for PC players to link their SMITE account to the Steam account. Linking your account is optional for now, but will be required in the future.
Decreased Queue Times
- Joust: 3m to 2m
- Arena: 3m to 2m
- Ranked Conquest 12m to 9m
New Cosmetic Items
- Disapproving Peacock Avatar
- Hera Announcer Pack
Fantasy Points Store
- New Additions to the Fantasy Points Store
- Prizefighter Mercury
- iDusa Medusa
- Madame Darkness Nox
- Fixed an issue where players could be given the deserter penalty, even when they had no part in causing the lobby to fail.
- Fixed an issue where in-queue message persisted in match lobby.
- Fixed an FX issue with the Racer Pedestal where the red glow from the pipes would appear rotated.
- Added sound fx to 100% Global Emote.
- Fixed lighting at Joust Order-side fountain where some skins appeared too bright.
- Fixed Refer a Friend where players were unable to select friend to refer.
- Fixed missing controls when redirecting from a banner.
- Fixed HUD issue with stats overlapping player item list on Xbox.
- Fixed Achilles Radiant Glory demo video missing for Console players.
- Fixed Player Spectate issue where R/LR callouts are missing when editing mini map.
- Fixed issue Friends list can be opened without highlighting Options HUD.
- Fixed displaying button callouts for offline Friends in the Friends list.
- Fixed Match Lobby button legend persisting after match fails.
- Fixed an issue with passive damage only applying on first hit of Vamana and Bakasura Ultimate Basic Attacks.
- Fixed an issue with passive only stacking once with Vamana and Bakasura Ultimate Basic Attacks.
- Fixed showing the incorrect Basic Attack formula on the Skill Screen. Should have been 39 + 2 * level instead of 38 + 2 * level.
- Raised volume fx for Basic Attack and ability #2 for Warp Tech skin.
- Fixed very large diamond fx appearing when firing ability #3 with Mystic Enchantress skin.
“This defensive item provides extreme MP5 and protections for a very low cost. The passive effect that provides percent damage reduction has proven to be too strong for such a low cost. We have seen multiple SPL matches recently where up to 4 copies of this item have been purchased in a single game. This change will make other items more attractive and require players commit more to Oni's “all-in” play style.”
- Increased Cost from 1900g to 2100g.
“Amaterasu has become a top pick for the Support role in pro play. Her Aura ability that provides self sustain, movement speed, and power can create big swings in the duo lane. We are taking her power aura down a notch to focus on her utility and give opponents a chance to outclear her.”
- Divine Presence
- Decrease Power Buff on Valor Aura from 15/20/25/30/35 to 10/15/20/25/30.
“Freya continues to be the top ban in Ranked play and one of the most winning Mages in SPL. Her burst damage has gotten to a place where it can be countered and controlled, but her movement speed remained much higher than other mages due to decisions made long ago. Freya is now at a point where she can still be strong without that extra movement.”
- Decreased Movement Speed from 375 to 370.
“Golden Blade has taken Mercury from a strong pick to a top pick. He is one of the strongest gods in the game at all levels of play. Even though Golden Blade is enabling his power, we want to be careful adjusting that item. Many off-meta struggling gods are using Golden Blade to reach new levels of success. The item passive was recently brought back with a positive reception. We don't want to hurt all of those other applications just because one god overperforms with the item.
We will be looking at the interactions of Golden Blade and Made You Look in the future, but for now we will be increasing the cooldown of Mercury's primary damaging ability. His clear will still be strong but he will need to pace himself more carefully with this ability. Two seconds on a big damage ability can make a big difference, and should bring Mercury down a notch without limiting the good pool in other places.”
- Made You Look
- Increased Cooldown from 8s to 10s.