5.5 - Time to Party | March 27, 2018
- 1 5.5 - Time to Party | March 27, 2018
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 Project Olympus
- 1.4 Misc.
- 1.5 General Balance
- 1.6 Item Balance
- 1.7 God Balance
New God Skins
Itty Bitty ChiBee Ah Muzen Cab
Exclusive - SMITE Birthday 2018
Mastery Skins - Achilles
Mastery Skins - Ah Muzen Cab
Mastery Skins - Nemesis
New Voice Packs
- Elegant Nemesis
- Itty Bitty ChiBee Ah Muzen Cab
- Sky Tech Zeus
- Dark Matter Khepri
- Orbital Scout Artemis
The Matchmaker is undergoing significant adjustments. Patch 5.5 will begin tests on the new Matchmaker. For full details click here!
Custom and Auto-Buy builds will now sell starters and buy a finished build once all other items have been built. The only exception for this is Arena builds.
Incorrect Scoreboard Issue
We have implemented a fix for the Scoreboard issue where it would display incorrect teammates and connection status. Due to the difficulty of reproducing this bug internally, we cannot fully confirm this has been resolved in all cases. If you experience this issue when 5.5 goes live, please send in a bug report.
Console VGS Fixes
We have fixed some issues with the full VGS implementation that we did in Patch 5.3. Players should now have all commands and they should properly say the expected command.
New Player Experience Adjustments
We are making a large push to improve the New Player Experience in SMITE. The first pass of these improvements is focused around Level Up Rewards and the pace at which these players Level Up. Due to the nature of these changes, we cannot retroactively reward users who have passed Level 30 before these changes go into effect. Any users that get pushed to and above Level 30 by the Experience changes we are making will be retroactively awarded for any skipped levels. Additionally, we have made changes to the tutorial quests, changing the order and rewards for completing these quests. We plan to make further adjustments to the New Player Experience in future Patches.
- Removed all previous Level Up Rewards.
- New Level Up Reward
- Level 1 – Favor x3500
- Level 2 – Favor x2500
- Level 4 – Gems x100
- Level 5 – Favor x1000
- Level 6 – Free God | Pick from 3
- Level 7 – Free Voice Pack coupon
- Level 8 – 3 Day Booster
- Level 9 – Free Chest Roll coupon
- Level 10 – Free God | Pick from 3
- Level 11 – Fantasy Points x250
- Level 12 – 50% off any Skin Coupon
- Level 13 – Favor x2500
- Level 14 – Enigma Chest
- Level 15 – Gems x200
- Level 16 – SMITE Night Global Emote
- Level 17 – 50% off any Skin Coupon
- Level 18 – 3 Day Booster
- Level 19 – Cutesy Avatar Chest
- Level 20 – Lady of the Lore Announcer Pack
- Level 21 – Fantasy Points x250
- Level 22 – Scarab Jump Stamp
- Level 23 – 15 Day Booster
- Level 24 – Fantasy Points x500
- Level 26 – Roman Recall FX
- Level 27 – Enigma Chest
- Level 28 – Japanese Loading Frame
- Level 29 – Enigma Chest
- Level 30 – Free purchasable Skin coupon
- Adjusted Player Level XP Requirements
- Level 1 – 30
- Now takes ~25% less experience to reach Level 30.
- Level 31 – 50
- Each level between 31 and 50 takes more experience to reach, such that it takes the same amount of experience to reach level 50 in 5.4 and 5.5. Levels 51-160 are not seeing any changes.
- Updated Tutorial Quests
- Training Quest 1 | 500 Favor
- Training Quest 2 | 500 Favor
- Training Quest 3 | 500 Favor
- Training Quest 4 | 500 Favor + Neith Recolor
- Play Co-op vs AI | 500 Favor + Ra Recolor
- Master a God | Lightning Bolt Ward Skin
- Refer-a-friend | 500 Favor
- Play with a friend | 1000 Favor
- Complete A Match | 100 Gems
Console Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where spamming the accept match button could cause Gods to not appear in lobby.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to look at boosters in the Profile menu could result in you being unable to re-select account boosters.
- Fixed an issue where avatars were not being displayed on the friends list.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed a large list of text issues. We will continue to tackle this list in future patches.
- Fixed an issue where owned Gods would appear as “Rotation”.
- Fixed an issue where certain objectives would not have their Health Bars appear.
- Fixed an issue where hovering over items in the Lowest Tier view could result in duplicates of full items appearing.
- Fixed an issue where Gods that flew over towers were getting shot by the tower. They should no longer get shot by the tower.
- Mech Level Tech (Level up FX)
- Birthday Cake (Pedestal)
- Poopie (Jump Stamp)
- Baby Drone (Ward Skin)
- New Additions to the Awesome Chest
- Kunoichi Serqet
- Druidstone Geb
- Oni Musha Hachiman
- Snow Day Scylla
- Ice Mage Agni
- Defiant Bellona
- Badlands Vulcan
- Order and Chaos Hel
- Abyssal Knight Ares
- Arctic Seer Artio
- Krampus Cernunnos
- Crystal Gaze Medusa
- Fallen Angel Nike
- Tremor Tech Cabrakan
- Rocket Punch Mercury
- New Additions to the Godlike Chest
- Digi-MIR 9000 Ymir
- Scarlet Coven Isis
- Wyrm Slayer Ullr
Fantasy Points Store
- New Additions to the Fantasy Points Store
- Primal Huntress Artemis
- King of the Deep Poseidon
- Jandroid Janus
“As the Season continues, we have gotten to a point where players are starting to really understand the map and how to gain a lead from it. Even so, players are struggling to find opportunities to end the game; with Phoenix sieges being very difficult even with a substantial lead. Comeback potential is important, but it shouldn't feel like the lead built up through the game is unimportant. Fire Giant buff is getting an increase to the bonus structure damage it provides. Teams who secure this boss objective will have a stronger advantage when it comes time to sieging the enemy base.
This patch also sees a buff to the Tier 1 tower. Early game dives have had a bit too much success, and this change is targeted at increasing the risk in very early dives.”
- Fire Giant
- FG Buff
- Increased bonus damage to structures from 20% to 25%.
- Enhanced FG
- Enhanced FG Buff
- Increased bonus damage to structures from 20% to 30%.
- Conquest Towers
- Tier 1 Tower
- Increased Base Power from 200 to 215.
“Malice was recently re-designed to have more synergy with abilities. However, the passive was too limited and confusing. In this update we are adjusting the passive ability on Malice again to make the link between Crits and Abilities as clear as possible.”
- NEW PASSIVE – On a successful Critical Strike, your abilities deal 35% more damage for the next 3 seconds.
“An effect that slows movement speed and attack speed is useful, but the 30% chance to trigger made its power highly variable and difficult to rely on. We are removing this RNG and streamlining the effect to always trigger and stack up to its current power after multiple hits.”
- NEW PASSIVE – Enemies that successfully land a basic attack on you have their Movement Speed and Attack Speed reduced by 10% for 2 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times and can stack with other item slow effects.
“This item is stretched too thin between offense and defense. With no clear home, few gods felt comfortable picking up this counter item. We are increasing its defensive stats to make it a clear option in Warrior or Guardian builds that are looking to specifically defend against Attack Speed focused opponents.”
- Increased Health from 100 to 200.
“Crushers new passive has been quite popular, but the item lacked additional feedback to notify players they had been hit by a Crusher. This ability will now play an additional hit FX.”
- Added a visual FX to the damage from Crusher.
“Hunters have been struggling, especially in the early game. The next few changes will all be specifically aimed at Hunter's early game. Their end game is quite strong so their total power potential will be mostly left alone. However, we will be adjusting some bridge items and lower tier items to help Hunter's reach end game more smoothly.
Ichaival was a dominant item last year that helped the class feel impactful even at low levels. We are giving Ichaival some of its passive power back to help make sure hunters can make plays anytime in the match.”
- Increased Physical Power gained per passive stack from 7 to 10.
“Silverbranch changes often come with ichaival changes and update 5.5 is no exception. In their last update Ichaival was shifted to focus on power (both magical and physical) and Silverbranch was adjusted to focus more on attack speed. Both items had draining effects where they debuffed targets and buffed the users at the same time. We wanted to separate these items to create more unique effects, so Silverbranch is being changed to focus more specifically on buffing the users attack speed to extreme levels.”
- NEW PASSIVE – Every successful Basic Attack increases your Attack Speed by 5%. Stacks last for 3s and stack up to 6 times.
“Asi has long been on the razor's edge between complete dominance or total unviability. The Physical Penetration was decreased on Asi recently to make it more consistent with other penetration options. This change was great for consistency reasons but it brought Asi's power level to a point where the item was no longer valued. We are increasing the Attack Speed on the item to increase its power without putting it back in the spot where it feels overpowered.”
- Increase Attack Speed from 20% to 25%.
“Spiked Gauntlet is another item that can really help hunters feel strong in the early game. As hunters rush toward their first big power spike in Devourer's Gauntlets, they have to pick up these lower tier versions of the items which feel quite weak. The fact that the T1 version of this tree had no physical power made it feel like a huge tradeoff. With this change Hunters should find their early game less punishing.”
- Increased Physical Power from 0 to 5.
“The cost spike in between tiers of the items in this tree were quite large. Players often felt bad when building into Wind Demon or Poisoned Star unless they had saved up enough gold to buy all the way to the tier 3 in a single purchase. Now players can build these items incrementally and feel like the stats match the cost more closely.”
- Decreased Cost from 1700 to 1500.
- (Adjusted Poisoned Star and Wind Demon upgrade cost to keep the items at the same total cost.)
“Ao Kuang is one of the most consistently powerful gods in SMITE. He has remained strong even through recent adjustments and through all of the Season 5 mage item changes. We are decreasing the damage he deals on the ranged attack portion of Dragon Call. This will pressure Ao Kuang players to focus more on the true assassin playstyle he was meant to have. It should also make his poke damage more manageable, especially in Ranked Conquest.”
- Dragon Call
- Decreased the Ranged Dragon Throw's Magical Power Scaling from 90% to 78% (from 15% to 13% per dragon).
- Undying Love
- Undying Love can now be cast even if Aphrodite is currently in the air from a knockup ability.
- Tectonic Shift
- Adjusted the targeter to better reflect the area of damage for this ability.
- Moonflower Dance
- Increased persist time of damaging area from .6s to .7s.
- This fixes the “dead zone” where Chang'e could miss the ability while standing still. Now goes the full 360 degrees.
“Cu Chulainn tends to be very powerful at high skill levels but is quite balanced in most other metrics. We are removing the feature of his Berserk that granted him access to abilities he hadn't ranked up yet. This specific feature was often abused at early levels by high level Cu Chulainn players, causing him to snowball heavily in lane.”
- When transformed, Cu Chulainn will no longer gain access to abilities he has not put a single point in (except for his 2).
“The Nine-Tailed Fox received some buffs recently that have put her over the top. The current meta and itemization especially favor her bursty style, so we are decreasing the power scaling on two key abilities. This should lead Da Ji to feel more counterable by decreasing her one shot potential.”
- Torture Blades
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 20% to 14% (10% to 7% per tick).
- Horrible Burns
- Decreased Physical Power scaling on Burst Damage from 45% to 35%.
“SMITE's newest mage has been causing plenty of strife on the battleground. She is a well rounded god that can deal decent damage at long range while also applying CC. The primary feature that led her to be slightly over-tuned was her safety. Even though erratic behavior is short range it provides a large amount of evasion in that Discordia can immediately go untargetable, then stealth herself and quickly regain her cooldowns. Limiting this one ability should have quite an impact on her entire kit.”
- Erratic Behavior
- Increased Cooldown from 16s to 18s.
“Erlang Shen has struggled to find a solid identity in Season 5. Death's Toll was a major source of sustain for Erlang Shen, and with its removal he has struggled to compete as a tank, bruiser, or damage dealer. We are increasing the power of his base kit so he can better utilize items to create these playstyles.”
- Increased basic attack progression scaling to match swing time.
- From 0.65/0.65/0.65/1/.8x to .75/0.75/0.75/1.1/.9x.
- Spot Weakness
- Increased cooldown reduction per Basic Attack from 0.75s to 1s.
- Increased Physical Power Scaling from 45% to 55%.
“Isis is often by outclassed by other mages. Her early lane clear is still one of the best in the game, but her utility abilities are still falling short. We are decreasing the cooldown on Dispel Magic and increasing the protective nature on Circle of Protection to help Isis' specific utility skills stand out more. Additionally, we are allowing Circle of Protection to hit and heal harder early on, giving Isis' ultimate more potency in the early game.”
- Movement Speed increased from 355 to 360.
- Dispel Magic
- Reduced Cooldown from 18s to 16s.
- Circle of Protection
- Increased Max Charge Dmg/Heal Scaling from 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 to 2.5/2.75/3/3.25/3.5.
- Increase damage reduction from 15% 15/15/17.5/17.5/20.
- Charge Prey
- Sobek no longer goes untargetable while plucking an enemy. He instead gains player passthrough, which will allow him to be hit by enemies while he is getting ready to throw someone.
“The Monkey King was a force to be reckoned with in early Season 4. After a few cooldown nerfs he quickly fell out of favor. His Magic Cudgel has become quite underwhelming with the loss of Bluestone Pendant and with conquest minions becoming harder to kill. We are increasing the base damage on this (and thus the damage to minions) as well as reducing the mana cost to make SWK able to stand up to the common solo lane opponents.”
- The Magic Cudgel
- Increase base damage from 80/120/160/200/240 to 90/130/170/210/250.
- Decreased mana cost from 50/60/70/80/90 to 50/55/60/65/70.
“Vulcan has continued to struggle in Season 5 with the introduction of new items that don't impact hit pet Inferno Cannon. We are increasing the amount of damage Inferno Cannon can dish out, allowing it to perform more in line with Season 4 builds. Additionally, Backfire Cannon is getting a slight base damage increase. This low cooldown skill will now be better in early fights until Vulcan can get Magical Power online.”
- Increased Base damage from 80/120/160/200/240 to 90/130/170/210/250.
- Increased amount of damage that Inferno Cannon deals to marked targets from 10% to 15%.
- Inferno Cannon
- Increased Magical Power Scaling from 35% to 40%.