5.6 - Inner Demon | April 11, 2018
- 1 5.6 - Inner Demon | April 11, 2018
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 Adventures: Inner Demon Arena
- 1.4 Misc.
- 1.5 Item Balance
- 1.6 God Fixes
- 1.7 God Balance
New God Skins
Dashing Deceiver Loki
Exclusive - SMITE Birthday 2018
Abyssal Executioner Chaac
Exclusive - SMITE Birthday 2018
Mastery Skins - Chaac
Mastery Skins - Hercules
New Voice Packs
- Inner Demon Hel
- Jackal Tech Anubis
- Dashing Deceiver Loki
- Abyssal Executioner Chaac
- Violet Sorceress Aphrodite
- Road Rebel Hercules
The Arena Game Mode has a complete new environment with many new features!
- New Hazards
- Dangerous water pools on the map will kill players if they stay there too long.
- New Objectives
- 3 Serpent Demons will spawn in the center of the map every 2 minutes.
- Whichever team kills 2 of the 3 will get a Titan Juggernaut.
- These juggernauts follow normal arena juggernaut rules, except they will attack nearby enemies when stopped.
- Demon Jungle Buffs
- All Jungle buffs will last 60s instead of 120s, but have more powerful effects.
- Demon Red buff provides 20% Movement speed in addition to Power.
- Demon Blue buff provides 10% Damage Mitigation in addition to Cooldown and Mana Regen.
- Demon Purple Buff provides Haste effect in addition to Basic Attack Power and Attack Speed.
- The Bonus Round Returns!
- Slay your opponents in a 5v5 deathmatch after the game for extra points
- Quality of Life
- Respawn timers have been changed for this Arena.
- Respawn times for a team is now consistent based on time/performance.
- This avoids the chances of a team dying and having an unexpectedly long or short respawn timer.
- Teams still respawn in waves set by the time of the first player to die.
- Tickets Earned Feedback
- An in-game visual has been added to help players see what actions they are doing that subtract tickets from the enemy team.
- Portal Animations
- Minions and Juggernauts now walk directly into the portal instead of animating in ways that can confuse players if they are hittable or not.
- Inner Demon Bundle
- Inner Demon Hel God Skin
- Inner Demon Pedestal
- Inner Demon Jump Stamp
- Inner Demon Level-Up FX
- Season 5 Gold Key
- Bonus points earned from the Adventure
- New God Selection Lobby
- The God Selection Lobby has had a visual redesign. This screen has new lighting and environment art which now conveys which side you are on (Order or Chaos).
- Death Marks
- New Customizable Item
- Equip these to leave your mark on the ground wherever you slay an enemy God.
- Death Marks
- Kill Face Death Mark (Adventure Chest)
- Rip Death Mark (Adventure Chest)
- Skull Death Mark (Adventure Chest)
- Turn Up Bundle
- Abyssal Executioner Chaac God Skin
- Dashing Deceiver Loki God Skin
- Dashing Deceiver Announcer Pack
- Raining Skulls Global Emote
- Enigma Chest
- SMITE Birthday Present (used to unlock Awesome Chest)
- Awesome Chest
- New Additions to the Awesome Chest
- Brimstone Beast Camazotz
- Brimstone Demon Thor
- Grove Keeper Xing Tian
- Sweet Tooth Sol
- Godlike Chest
- Current Godlike Chest Skins
- Digi-Mir 9000 Ymir
- Scarlet Coven Isis
- Wyrm Slayer Ullr
- Fantasy Points Store
- New Additions to the Fantasy Points Store
- The King Bacchus
- The Marksman Rama
- Solstice Hel
“Rage is the high Critical Strike chance item bringing a whopping 40% Critical Strike chance when fully evolved. Getting to the fully evolved state however was often too risky to be worth it. We are removing the bonus Critical Strike chance on evolving and moving it to the base item, allowing the item to have more impact and consistency immediately when built.”
- Increased Critical Strike Chance from 20% to 30%.
- No longer provides an additional 10% Critical Strike on evolving.
“Since its reintroduction, mages have been experimenting with Soul Gem and finding plenty of success. This item fills a nice niche slot for mages looking to bring additional burst to a fight, but the bonus effect is often too impactful. We are toning down the Bonus Damage portion of this passive to avoid these exceedingly bursty or uncounterable situations.”
- Decreased Bonus Damage from 40% to 30% of your Magical Power.
“Warlock's Staff is a common item for Mages to rush early, giving them ample survivability and power. We want mages to feel like there are other choices, but right now Warlock's Staff is limiting that choice. We are reducing the amount of health this item receives from stacks, lowering the top end strength of this item.”
- Decreased Health per Stack from 4 to 3.
- This item now grants 500 health when fully completed, down from 600 health.
“This Relic and its upgrade have been quite potent since the later half of Season 4. We are happy to have relic diversity but Thorns can be especially frustrating and hard to play around. We want to make sure that damage reflect feels like it has enough risk vs reward, and currently it stacked on the reward side.”
- Decreased amount of damage reflected from 50% to 40%.
- Decreased amount of damage reflected from 50% to 40%.
“This item has very high protection stats to compliment its already powerful passive. We are taking the protections down slightly to make it a more difficult choice as a counter build option, instead of a catch all physical protection item.”
- Decreased Physical Protections from 80 to 70.
“Celestial Legion Helm has not seen much use, but it does its job very well. For mages that want a single item to help reduce their chances of being one shot by enemy assassins, this is a great option. We are upping the protections slightly more to help draw attention to this item's core goal.”
- Increased Physical Protection from 30 to 40.
“Shogun's has fallen out of favor due to past adjustments and the buffing of protection aura items. We want to make sure that Supports have options to bolster their entire team either offensively or defensively. This item was a 100% must-have for most of Season 4, so we are being careful with our buff here. Making it strictly better for the Support player but not as powerful aggressively should make the item an option without putting it over the top.”
- Increased Magical Protection from 40 to 50.
- Decreased Passive Attack Speed from 25% to 20%.
“Jade Emperor's is being adjusted for similar reasons as Shogun's. We want this item to be a close choice between Sovereignty, Heartward, and Gauntlet of Thebes, while also giving Support players some additional tankiness.”
- Increased Physical Protection from 50 to 60.
“This item has a long history in SMITE, but with the creation of many new defensive items it has mostly fallen out of use. This items selfish effect and stats didn't match the cost, so we are making it cheaper to help it better compare with similar items.”
- Decrease cost from 2550 to 2400.
“Pestilence has become one of the most commonly built tank items in the game. In many cases this item will be built even when the enemy team does not have significant healing. We are increasing its cost to deter people from building this unless they really feel that the healing reduction is necessary.”
- Increase cost from 2150 to 2250.
“Over the past few patches there have been many adjustments to anti-healing, so it's about time there was adjustments to pro-healing as well. The anti-healing items have found solid spots in builds and are becoming even more popular. Most Healer gods are still performing quite well, but we want to give them more control over how much of a role healing will play in their games. Building Rod of Asclepius will provide more healing and power to better help them push through counter items.”
- Increased Magical Power from 75 to 90.
- Increased in combat healing bonus from 10% to 15%.
“Toxic Blade was in a strange spot compared to other anti-heal items. It provided the highest possible anti heal but had weak stats that didn't apply well to most gods. As we have done with other anti-healing items, we are shifting it to make it slightly more attractive to core builds. This will come at a cost of reduced effectiveness of its passive.”
- Increased pen from 10 to 15.
- Reduced stack count of Anti-heal from 3 stacks to 2 stacks. (60% anti-heal to 40%)
- Increased stack duration from 5s to 8s.
“This targeter is small but with long range and could often get lost in the midst of combat. We are tweaking this visual effect to help Da Ji players choose the targets they intend to.”
- Pao Lao
- Made adjustments to the targeter so it is more visible while on the Pao Lao.
“Tyr's allies should be able to follow up on his Fearless and generally combo with Tyr better than before. Tyr could do more harm than good by CCing enemies and taking them out of harm's way both by movement and by actually making them untargetable. This will no longer be the case.”
- Targets hit by fearless no longer lose their hitbox while being pushed by Tyr and can be damaged.
“This is an artistic fix only that has no effect on the timing or hitting of the ability. The portal on the ground should now more clearly signal when they have become active and players can fall into them.”
- Changed the FX for the portal deploy to better match its actual deploy speed.
“Some of SMITE's older gods had brief windows of immunity for themselves or their targets during animations that didn't visualize this effect properly. We already fixed Sobek and Ao Kuang and will continue fixing these issues in this patch. This fix will adjust Ne Zha in that it will be easier for his allies to follow up on enemies after his ult, but also put him at risk to take damage sooner.”
- Wind Fire Wheels
- Ne Zha and the player he has grabbed are now damageable upon landing. Rather than losing their collision, they gain player pass through and Ne Zha gains CC immunity for the duration of their landing animations.
“Serqet will have similar results as Ne Zha. Both her and her target will be easier to damage as the ultimate finishes animating.”
- Last Breath
- Serqet and the player she has grabbed are now damageable upon during the throw. Rather than losing their collision, they gain player pass through and Serqet gains CC immunity for the duration of their throwing/thrown animations.
“Hercules had a very similar issue as Tyr except the duration is much shorter. This will have a minimal impact compared to Tyr.”
- Driving Strike
- Targets hit by Driving Strike no longer lose their hitbox while being pushed by Hercules and can be damaged.
“You can hide behind walls but there is No Escape! Ares will now be able to affect players that are behind line of sight, helping him connect with enemies in tight corridors or targets that just dip behind cover both otherwise look hitable. This should help his ultimate have consistent impact during teamfights.”
- No Escape
- No longer requires Line of Sight to grab onto enemies.
“Cerberus has had numerous adjustments to help him feel fluid while playing. Paralyzing Spit has had multiple targeter improvements to make it more accurate, with a few additional tweaks the make it more reliable. However, it will now respect diminishing returns like other stuns in SMITE. Soul Expulsion is getting increased range, allowing Cerberus to move through a fight effectively, and Stygian Torment is getting similar treatment to Ares; allowing anyone in the visual FX of the circle to be affected.”
- Paralyzing Spit
- This ability now goes through walls.
- This ability has had numerous adjustments to better reflect the targeter. Players should notice this ability feels more accurate to the FX and targeter.
- The range has been increased from 45 to 50.
- The radius of each projectile has been increased from 3 to 3.5.
- The stun from this ability is now subject to diminishing returns.
- Decreased stun duration from 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2s to 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8.
- Reduced scaling from 25% to 20%.
- Ghastly Breath
- Reduced Penetration from 8/11/14/17/20 (24 to 60) to 6/8/10/12/14. (18 to 42).
- Soul Expulsion
- Increased range from 50 to 55.
- Adjusted soul health from 33% to 95/130/165/200/235.
- Stygian Torment
- No longer requires Line of Sight to afflict enemies.
“Hel is receiving her updated passive meter this patch, allowing Hel players to see their cooldowns of their opposite stance. No more switching to heal only to find it is still on cooldown! Additionally, her Light Stance Basic Attack & 1 will now fire directly from her center, rather than being slightly offset. They should feel more accurate with this patch.”
- All ability icon art has been updated.
- Removed Light Basic Attack's projectile offset, this basic attack now fires directly down center and matches the targeter.
- Stance Attunement
- Updated passive meter to show cooldowns of her opposite stance.
- Decay (Restoration)
- Removed this projectile offset, this ability now fires directly down center and matches the targeter.
“Ne Zha's ultimate is having its damage shifted to both help Ne Zha deal damage, but also making his damage more clear. Ne Zha historically had an extra hit that occurs right as his victim starts falling. This hit was redundant and sometimes confusing so it is being removed. The damage from this hit is being moved to the initial hit and landing hit. This both makes his damage occur at times that make sense, but also means ulting into a target that beads will still deal a bit more damage to the target.”
- Wind Fire Wheels
- Removed the damaging hit as the enemy god begins to fall.
- Increased Initial and Landing damage from 60/100/140/180/220 (50% of your physical power) to 80/130/180/230/280 (65% of your physical power).
“We last adjusted Nemesis in 5.4 with additional assassin specific nerfs (Blink and Heartseeker) and wanted to watch her performance before making any other adjustments. A few patches later she is still proving too difficult to fight against when she engages the backline with her ultimate. We are reducing the sudden damage Divine Judgement provides at later ranks, giving enemies more time to react and fight back against the Goddess of Vengeance.”
- Divine Judgement
- Decreased Damage from 20/25/30/35/40 to 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% of targets current health.
“Nu Wa's Shining Metal had inconsistent per-rank scaling on the stun. We are fixing it (which is a slight nerf) to ensure it has consistent scaling. With her recent changes and some itemization, we feel she can endure the 0.1s difference.”
- Shining Metal
- Decreased stun duration from 1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5s to 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4s.
“Sol excels in the duo lane position where players are getting less experience early on. While many gods can still make their impact by coming online in the late game, Sol comes online much earlier due to her passive. The large boost to her DPS it provides makes her very difficult to fight. We are toning this down the making fighting her more manageable.”
- Unstable Manifestation
- Decreased bonus Basic Attack damage from 25% to 20%.
- Decreased Attack Speed from 1.2% to 1% (30% to 25%).
- Decreased Magical Power bonus from 1% to .8% (25% to 20%).
“The Earth Mother is getting a big change this patch, a whole new ultimate! She has always been incredibly strong performance wise, especially in competitive, but she did not feel impactful. In an effort to bring her performance into line, multiple tweaks were made that caused her to feel worse and worse to play (like the removal of the root from Shattering Monolith). Even after many adjustments it became clear that the idea of a global movement speed and healing ultimate would not work for the long term health of SMITE. Its effects would have to be measly numerically in order to balance the ability.
Her new ultimate, Earthen Fury, provides a similar effect for her allies in a localized area that protects them from damage and heals them after being hit 4 times. In addition it applies stones to enemies as well, causing them to take more damage and providing additional burst damage if they are hit 4 times. With this ability no longer being global and having effects that are not Movement Speed and Cooldown Reduction, we feel safe in bringing back the control Monolith used to provide when shattered. Yes, it now roots again.”
- This ability now roots enemies when shattered.
- New Ultimate – Earthen Fury
- Terra channels her strength into the world around her, buffing her allies and debuffing enemies for 10s. Allies gain 10% damage mitigation as well as a Heal over Time and protective stones that heal the ally if all 4 are activated. Enemies receive 10% more damage from all sources and harmful stones that damage the enemy if all 4 are activated. Stones are activated when an ally or enemy takes damage.
- Radius: 55 ft
- HoT: 5/8/11/14/17 (+2% of your magical power) every 0.5s for 10s
- Heal: 100/150/200/250/300 (+30% of your magical power)
- Damage: 200/250/300/350/400 (+60% of your magical power)
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
- Cost: 100 mana
“Thoth is a god in an interesting position. His statistical performance is low at all levels of play, making him a character we would be unlikely to nerf. However, his pick and ban rate and performance in SPL matches is showing him to be a problematic god at that level and is limiting diversity. We are tackling his late game survivability due to Evade and Punish's cooldown rules.
Thoth can dash and then hold his CC shot for 5 seconds, allowing him to dash again quickly after using the stun when managed properly. In this patch if Thoth chooses to hold onto his stun Evade and Punish will not go on cooldown. Thoth players will now need to choose between using the stun quickly to try and get the cooldown up quickly, or saving the stun at the risk of losing mobility.”
- Evade and Punish
- This ability will no longer begin its cooldown until Thoth fires the stunning projectile.