6.11 - Goddess of Rivers | October 15, 2019
- 1 6.11 - Goddess of Rivers | October 15, 2019
- 1.1 New Yoruba Guardian: Yemoja - Goddess of Rivers
- 1.2 New God Skins
- 1.3 New Voice Packs
- 1.4 Update Release Schedule
- 1.5 Esports Profile Cosmetics
- 1.6 Bug Fixes
- 1.7 Project Olympus
- 1.8 Game Modes
- 1.9 Queues
- 1.10 Item Balance
- 1.11 God Balance
New Yoruba Guardian: Yemoja - Goddess of Rivers
- Yemoja's abilities do not cost any Mana and only her Ultimate has a Cooldown. Instead Yemoja uses Omi to cast spells. She starts with 7 and is able to earn up to 3 more. Yemoja gains 1 Omi (+.01 per level) every 5 seconds and Cooldown Reduction increases Omi regeneration. Yemoja's Basic Attack healing only affects gods and does not proc item effects.
- Unlock additional Omi at: 300, 450, and 600 Mana/MP5 from items.
- Yemoja's Basic Attack Projectile hits allies in a larger radius and passes through them, stopping on the first enemy hit
- Basic attack Healing: 1 (+0.2 per level) every 0.5s and 10% Increased Healing for 7s
- Yemoja's Basic Attack healing does not proc item effects.
- Yemoja tosses out a bubble that bounces twice, dealing damage and slowing enemies by 30% before exploding into smaller bubbles that deal 50% damage. Enemies hit by both bubble bounces take 50% damage on the second hit.
- Damage: 40/80/120/160/200 (+40% of your Magical Power)
- Slow Duration: 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2s
- Cost: 2 Omi
- Yemoja calls upon the Moon to deal damage to enemies below. The inner strike is the largest, dealing full damage and stunning all enemies and enemy structures hit.
- Inner Damage: 50/90/130/170/210 (+55% of your Magical Power)
- Outer Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+20% of your Magical Power)
- Stun Duration: 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4s
- Cost: 2 Omi
- Yemoja sends out a wave of water that damages all enemies it passes through, dealing extra unmitigated damage to their shields. Once the wave reaches an ally it bounces to all nearby allies healing and shielding them for 3s.
- Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (+40% of your Magical Power)
- Bonus damage to Shields: 2x,2x,2x,2x,3x
- Heal: 20/40/60/80/100 (+20% of your Magical Power)
- Shield: 40/80/120/160/200 (+20% of your Magical Power)
- Cost: 3 Omi
- Yemoja creates a water ring that Knocks Up everyone that enters it. Allies are pushed further and gain both Movement Speed and Protections for 3s. Enemies go a shorter distance and are Slowed. After entering a ring you are briefly locked out of entering another. Yemoja can place the ring at a maximum distance to reverse the direction.
- Movement Speed: 20/25/30/35/40%
- Protections: 20/25/30/35/40 Physical and Magical Protections
- Slow: 30% for 2s
- Ring Duration: 6s
- Cost: 3 Omi
- Yemoja unleashes her full power creating two large walls of water that block enemy movement and projectiles. After a delay the river cascades down, damaging, trembling and slowing enemies. Yemoja gains a buff to her Omi regeneration while she is in the river field that lingers briefly after she leaves it.
- Damage: 240/305/370/435/500 (+70% of your Magical Power)
- Slow: 90% decreasing by 30% each second
- Slow Duration: 3s
- Omi Regeneration: 1 extra every 2 seconds
- Buff Duration: 4s after leaving the area
- Cooldown: 100s
New God Skins
Healing Water Yemoja
Standard - Recolor
Whirlwind Tech Xing Tian
Exclusive - Odyssey
Dawn Defender Thor
Exclusive - Odyssey
Swift Scurrier Neith
Exclusive - Odyssey
Wise Wizard Merlin
Exclusive - Odyssey
Bloody Butcher Ymir
Exclusive - Halloween Chest
Mastery Skins - Yemoja
New Voice Packs
- Cute Cultivator Persephone
- Whirlwind Tech Xing Tian
- Dawn Defender Thor
- Swift Scurrier Neith
- Wise Wizard Merlin
- Horrific Harvester Ah Puch
- Bloody Butcher Ymir
- Radical Rex Chaac
Update Release Schedule
- October 15
- Cute Cultivator Persephone
- Wise Wizard Merlin
- Halloween Chest
- October 22
- Whirlwind Tech Xing Tian
- October 29
- Swift Scurrier Neith
- Retro Rex Chest
- November 5
- Dawn Defender Thor
Please note that these dates are tentative and subject to change.
Esports Profile Cosmetics
- Celebrate SMITE Esports with Team Profile Cosmetic items!
- Each Item will be direct purchase for 200 gems each and a portion of the proceeds go to the specific org whose item you bought.
- All current SPL orgs have a NEW jump stamp and Ward Skin(Except for Obey who joined the SPL late in the Season.
- All current SPL orgs that have had profile cosmetic items introduced before Season 6 will have all of their content re-released (except World Championship Skins).
- Some orgs will have more or less content due to the amount of previous released items.
- Some org profile cosmetics won't be on sale until their org completes the legal processes to have their items sold.
- This esports content will remain available for purchase in game until the launch of Season 7.
- You can find a list of purchasable Esports Profile Cosmetic items coming in the next update below:
- SK Gaming, eUnited, Rival, Spacestation Gaming, Splyce
- HUD Theme
- eUnited, Spacestation Gaming, Splyce, Obey, Rival, SK Gaming
- Jump Stamp
- SK Gaming, Rival, eUnited, Spacestation Gaming, Splyce, Dignitas, Renegades, Pittsburgh Knights
- Loading Frame
- eUnited, Obey, Rival, SK Gaming, Spacestation Gaming, Splyce
- Ward Skin
- Obey, eUnited, Spacestation Gaming, Rival, SK Gaming, Splyce, Dignitas, Renegades, Pittburgh Knights
- Team Skins
- Obey Thanatos, Dignitas Rama
- Fixed an issue where killing the Oni Fury would sometimes not spawn an empowered wave of minions.
- Fixed archer minions sometimes stopping short of max attacking range of the Titan, but still attempt to fire ranged shots at the Titan.
- Fixed several Match Lobby Skin Selection issues.
- Fixed item builder filter using “or” instead of “and” when filtering CCR.
- Fixed some names not displaying on the Ranked Leaderboards.
- [Settings] Fixed some settings failing to save if the client is closed within ~15 seconds of closing the Settings page.
- [Settings] Fixed many of the spectator Game Stats keybinds labeled incorrectly.
- [Settings] Fixed Volume settings not saving after relogging.
- [Match Lobby] Fixed Voice chat icons not showing active when player is speaking.
- [Odyssey] Fixed undefined text issues.
- [Odyssey] Fixed problems with the Buy All button sometimes not working.
- [Odyssey] Player can rotate preview models with right-thumbstick.
- Fixed disappearing cursor when trying to highlight the Filters button in the Other Tab.
- Fixed Pirate Queen Basic Attack audio playing twice.
- Fixed Pirate Queen rabbit appearing untextured at low shader settings.
- Fixed Admiral and Pirate Queen Chang'e animation freezing if left idle for too long.
- Fixed Archangel VGS saying “Enemy Ultimate Incoming” instead of “Enemy Ultimate Down”.
- Fixed Pop Punk Light stance using Dark stance emote.
- Argus, the Defender
- Fixed Argus sometimes unable to target Towers.
- Fixed animation issue with out of combat forward-right walking.
- if Horus dies while being spectated, their icon will no longer remain on the map until respawning.
- Fixed an issue where this ability could trigger Heartseeker twice.
- To the Skies!
- Fixed an issue where sometimes players became stuck in the disembodied state when using this ability.
- Circle of Protection
- Fixed ability to proc Staff of Myrddin when on cooldown rather then when cast.
- Sundering Strike (Excalibur's Wrath)
- Fixed ability where Pridwen would not trigger when this ability was used.
- Fixed missing crystal sounds from intro across multiple skins.
- Grasp of Death
- Fixed an issue where if a player activated the Beads Relic when hit by the cage, the player would be unable to damage the cage afterwards.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in CC Immunity not cleansing the vine grasp.
- Fixed Calavera VGS having mixed up lines for “Be Careful Middle” and “Be Careful Left”.
Early Surrender Improvements
“Players often pointed out that we were forgiving TP loss on certain matches, but you still gained or lost MMR. MMR is a mathematical calculation and it relies heavily on one principal: For any amount of wins, there is an equal amount of losses. We cannot “forgive” MMR for only certain players or certain teams, without compromising this system. So we will be implementing MMR forgiveness when early surrenders occur, but the result will be that no players on either team gain or lose any MMR. The match is negated entirely as far as MMR is concerned.”
- When a team chooses to Surrender early that match will not count for or against any players MMR on either team.
- TP will still work as it currently does. The team who surrenders won't lose and TP while the team who won will gain reduced TP.
- The player who left causing Early Surrender to become enabled will still lose double the amount of TP they would have lost otherwise, but their MMR will be unaffected.
Data Driven Auto-Buy
- We are implementing new functionality for the Popular and Recommended Items screens, which will also improve Auto-Buy as a result.
- A new algorithm will determine the items that show in those sections.
- This algorithm will use data for each god in Conquest only in victorious, high MMR matches.
- This algorithm will also evaluate your team composition and the enemy team composition to adjust builds. So even within the same data set you might get different auto-buy builds depending on things like facing more magical or physical enemy gods.
- Popular and Recommended items will now display in the most common build order as well.
- So, both tabs, as well as Auto-Buy will now display or purchase players the most successful builds in order, with a few additional options displayed as well.
- This data will be regularly updated.
- The exact frequency of data refresh is still being determined, live testing will help us find the best times to do this.
- Currently it will use Conquest data for all builds in all modes, we are looking into ways to expand the system to all modes.
- Only one exception will be made – Assassin's Blessing will be replaced by Attacker's Blessing when the data would auto-buy this for you in non-Conquest modes.
- Popular Tab
- Will now be using the new data.
- In Recommended
- Items tagged as “Starter” will remain unchanged for the time being.
- Relics will remain unchanged.
- Consumables will remain unchanged.
- Core Items will now be populated by the new feature.
- Offensive / Defensive Items were previously misleading, appearing to recommend building Damage on Tanks or Defense on DPS.
- Offensive has been renamed “Core 2”, and will use the new data.
- Defensive has is now “Situational”, and will use new items also.
- Will continue to buy items from Recommended, using new data.
- For new gods, we will be using data from similar gods while we gather matches for the algorithm. For example, Yemoja will initially use data from Sylvanus.
Player Behavior Updates
“Encouraging positive player behavior is a constant priority for the SMITE dev team. We want to create a competitive, yet civil environment for our players and make sure that player to player interactions are as healthy as possible. In this update we are adding a series of features for players as well as our dev teams to allow us to better combat toxic activities. We aim to do this by focusing on keeping chat clean and adding better tools and tracking for our support team.”
- Updated the “Bad Word Filter list” to better catch players trying to bypass it.
“We will be implementing a new form of punishment with the primary goal of protecting the average player from harassment. Shadowbanning will happen mid-match and automatically based on a set of specified conditions. We are not detailing these conditions publicly because we don't want to give players enough info to circumvent it. This will allow these players to continue playing, but remove their ability to chat.”
- Players who engage in certain negative chat behaviors will have their ability to send chat messages removed, but they will not get any feedback to indicate their messages have not been sent.
“This next feature is similar to Shadowbanning in many ways. It is also applied mid-match and automatically based on a set of specified conditions but generally for less extreme cases. This punishment will notify the player that they triggered the punishment in the hope that they will improve their behavior to have the restrictions removed.”
- A new penalty that can be applied to a players account, limiting the amount of messages they have available to send.
- When triggered, players will have a limited number of messages, VGS commands, and pings they can send. As a match continues they will slowly gain more messages.
- As players who are Chat Gagged play games where they don't engage in negative chat behavior, these restrictions will become less intense and eventually removed.
Automated Instance Reporting
“This feature has existed for some time but we are greatly increasing its applications. We have a detailed system that tracks each players actions in game and flags them for a variety of negative behaviors. This feature will now be used to automatically tie a detailed list of the players negative behavior to any report. This should save our support team a lot of time, and should ensure that toxic players get banned more quickly through reports, and should ensure that players who are falsely reported are much less likely to be banned.”
- Based on actions players engage in in game, the match instance itself can report players.
- Adjusted back end behavior systems to utilize this Automated Instance Reporting more directly.
- NOTE: We still rely on player reports above all else, but this will help our internal teams better recognize players who are creating a negative experience for others more quickly.
Ping Text Notification
- When a player pings the minimap a chat message will be generated that indicates which player pinged the map. This will only occur once within a 5 second period.
- Another Adventure Returns: Classic Joust!
- All your favorite Classic Joust action will be playable for the entire month this update is live.
- The map has had an environment art update to have it fit the season. This map will now have a spooky halloween theme!
- No gameplay changes have been made to the map.
- Added a Hard Difficulty to Co-Op and Practice.
- Easy and Medium difficulties have been rebalanced.
- Practice Queues have been moved to the “Training” Tab.
“As a note for all balance changes in this update: This is the update that the World Championships at Dreamhack will be played on. This update will release in early October, giving pros a full month to prepare in that environment. Another update will be released around the time of Dreamhack, but it will not be used for the tournament.”
“There has been a lot of discussion about the impact of junglers in conquest, especially in the early game. With worlds quickly approaching we don't want to implement any extreme map changes for force a meta shift, so instead we are giving Junglers a slight buff to their starter item to help it better compare to other roles at the start of a match.”
- Now provides +50 Health.
- Increased Mana restored from 20 to 25 per trigger of its passive.
“Blackthorn Hammer is a staple for Bruisers, giving a large amount of early health with some offensive stats. At 2000 gold most gods could rush this and see a large benefit without much opportunity lost. We are increasing the cost to keep it as a cheap bruiser option but slow it down to give other builds time to answer.”
- Increased cost from 2000 to 2200.
“This item made a lot of noise when it was reworked last update. We have seen a lot of differing opinions on the item and after a few fixes it seems to be having the intended impact. It allows Assassins to have a bigger impact in the later stages of the game. This item is seeing a slight nerf to its cost to make sure it is clearly positioned as a late game item.”
- Increased cost from 2900 to 3100.
- Fixed an issue where this item was providing 70 Physical Power instead of the listed 75 Physical power.
“The best looking warrior on the battleground is back and looking better than ever. There was a lot of disappointed fans when his basic attack range was nerfed for balance and artistic reasons earlier this year. Those Achilles fans can now proudly cheer on their hero again as his range is returning with some adjusted animations to match.”
- Increased Basic Attack range from 12 to 16.
- Updated Achilles' Basic Attack animation to better represent this increased range.
“The God of Decay is often seen as a niche pick against healers due to the way Last Breath (his 3rd ability) functions. For a god who has a specific counter-pick function, he wasn't actually doing much to counter. We are adding even more healing reduction to his kit to go alongside the amount in his Ultimate and Last Breath's stun. This should make Ah Puch a clear healing counter-pick regardless of meta shifts.”
- Undead Surge
- Now applies a 40% reduction in healing for 5s.
“Kukulkan is one of the most beloved gods in SMITE, but he rarely ventures into more competitive play. Kukulkan often feels excessively slow and squishy those base stats are being increased. His Whirlwind often feels sluggish or confusing as to when it will actually apply to enemies, so that process is being sped up and having an initial hit applied to make it more impactful.”
- Increased Base Health from 365 to 380.
- Increased Health per level from 68 to 75.
- Increased Movement Speed from 355 to 360.
- Increased the rate at which Whirlwind attempts to apply or refresh the damaging effect on a player in the area from every .5s to every .25s.
- This means from initial cast, it will now take 1.75s for a player to be hit by a Whirlwind dot, down from 2s.
- It will also more quickly refresh, increasing the chances the enemy will take additional ticks after leaving the area.
- Whirlwind now deals one additional tick of damage when first applied to an enemy.
“This update continues with a series of changes to Persephone. Many of these changes are to address player feedback on her clarity concerns or bug fixes, but there are important balance changes too. Persephone has had relatively low win rate in all normal modes, but she is hotly contested in the pro league. She is seeing some adjustments here to make her performance more consistent. She will now be limited to a much smaller number of plants in the early game and Bone Rush will now have a slower and more clearly telegraphed hit area.”
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Persephone's Harvest plants now deal 50% damage while in her revived state to match Persephone's damage reduction.
- Persephone now gains 100% of her Mana back when entering her death state.
- Added a brief lockout so players cannot accidentally cancel reviving themselves.
- Bone Rush
- The damage area of Bone Rush is now a rolling line attack.
- This means players close to the explosion are hit earlier than those far away.
- Added an intro sound to give players better feedback this ability has been cast.
- The damage area of Bone Rush now displays a warning targeter.
- Harvest's max count has been decreased from 10 at all levels to 6/6/8/8/10.
- Harvest now displays a buff bar counter to indicate how many Harvest plants are active.
- Added a new minimap icon for Persephone's Harvest plants.
- Increased Harvest Explosion scaling from 75% to 80%.
- Increased Harvest Bite scaling from 85% to 90%.
- Decreased subsequent damage reduction from 50/75/87.5 to 40/65/78%.
“Raijin has had flashes of excellence in the Season 6 meta but they are few are far between. In a previous round of nerfs Raiju saw a significant damage reduction to decrease his lane clear and poke. We are partially reverting to a number in between the two limits, which should make him a better Mage option without pushing him over the top.”
- Increased Raiju's Base Bounce Damage Tick from 9/15/21/27/33 to 14/23/32/41/50.
- Increased Raiju's Bounce Damage Tick scaling from 8% to 10%.
“Kings are being slain left and right by Set, especially in the pro league. Set is a high risk high reward Assassin, but the dominant strategy has become full-tank Set. We are decreasing the base values while increasing the power scaling for both the damage and healing of his Ultimate ability. This will require players to build more like a true Assassin to reap the same rewards of this ability.”
- Decreased Base Damage from 25/40/55/70/85 to 25/35/45/55/65.
- Increased Damage Scaling from 25% to 30%.
- Decreased Base Healing from 45/60/75/90/105 to 45/55/65/75/85.
- Increased Healing Scaling from 20% to 25%.
- Updated description to make it more clear that only Set's attacks mark enemies.
“Sobek has been carefully lurking in the waters, waiting for his time to strike. After he put up an impressive record in the pro league last year he was nerfed, primarily due to pro frustration. We are happy to finally buff the ol' croc, ideally in a way that pushes him more toward support. We also feel that this is safe now that solo lane has become more aggressive and Warriors have more stable footing, if he does end up back in Solo.”
- Charge Prey
- Decreased Cooldown from 15 to 13s.
- Sickening Strike
- Increased Damage from 60/100/140/180/220 to 80/115/150/185/220.
“No one is above the law. After multiple buffs that seemed impactful, Tyr has still struggled to find a place in the meta. So we are doing a big revert back to Tyr's glory days. Fearless in defensive stance is having its knockup returned! This should allow Tyr to continue pressuring enemies and setting up for his team, even if the offensive Fearless combo fails.”
- Fearless (Guard Stance)
- No longer disarms enemies.
- Now knocks up enemies.
“Xbalanque was defining the meta for most of the year, but a big change to his ultimate has brought him to a more reasonable place. His blind is weaker yet still a valuable asset to teams, but the community helped point out a strange weakness in his kit. Poison Darts slows for surprisingly small amounts until it's ranked up. We want each ability to feel impactful and so the slow is being boosted on the lower ranks to ensure Xbalanque can follow up after this ability.”
- Poison Darts
- Increased Poison slow from 4/8/12/16/20% to 20% at all ranks.