SMITE Version 6.3.5327
6.2 - The World Serpent | March 5, 2019
- 1 6.2 - The World Serpent | March 5, 2019
- 1.1 New Norse God: Jormungandr - The World Serpent
- 1.2 New God Skins
- 1.3 New Voice Packs
- 1.4 Misc.
- 1.5 Project Olympus
- 1.6 Bug Fixes
- 1.7 Balance Updates – Conquest
- 1.8 Item Balance
- 1.9 God Balance
New Norse God: Jormungandr - The World Serpent
- Jormungandr is so large that he cannot be affected by Hard Displacement instead he gets Dazed. Dazed is a debuff on Jormungandr that is a fading slow and increases the damage he takes for the duration. Any Attack speed past base reduces the cooldown rate of Jormungandr's Basic Attack.
- Slow: 20% fading over 2s
- Increased Damage to Jorm: 10%
- Duration: 2s
- Jormungandr fires noxious spit at an area that deals damage and creates a large toxic cloud. This field damages and slows Enemies inside of it every second. Jormungandr can have a maximum of 9 toxic clouds out at a time.
- Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+40% of your magical power)
- Cloud Damage per tick: 5/15/25/35/45 (+5% of your magical power)
- Slow: 15%
- Slow Duration: 1s
- Cloud Duration: 20s
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12
- Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
- Range: 65
- Radius: 10
- Cloud Radius: 15
- Jormungandr draws power from toxic clouds nearby while channeling for 1.2s. At the end of the channel Jormungandr roars dealing damage to all Enemies, trembling and slowing Enemy gods by 30% for 1.5s. Each cloud increases the size of Consuming Bellow and Empowers him up to 3 times while also dealing extra damage to Enemies hit. Extra damage after the first instance is halved. While Empowered, Jormungandr's basic attack fires at it's fastest rate.
- Damage: 120/180/240/300/360 (+50% of your magical power)
- Bonus Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+10% of your magical power)
- Damage Mitigation while Channeling: 10%
- Empowered Basic Attack Buff: 1s per stack
- Max. Stacks: 3
- Slow: 30%
- Slow Duration: 1.5s
- Initial Radius: 20
- End Radius: 30
- Cooldown: 14s
- Mana Cost: 70
- Jormungandr submerges into the ground turning invisible as he searches for prey. During this time he moves faster and gains predatory vision, sensing all enemies in a large radius. Firing this ability while invisible reveals Jormungandr as he emerges out of the ground, knocking up Enemies around him. Taking damage from Enemy gods also breaks the Stealth.
- Damage: 70/125/180/235/290 (+50% of your magical power)
- Movement Speed: 25%
- Duration: 5s
- Cooldown: 18s
- Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
- Radius: 20
The World Serpent
- Jormungandr prepares to enter into the world, enlarging as he prepares a devastating attack. After selecting a target area, Jormungandr flies into the air, diving down and crashing into enemies as his body then slams into the ground. He must travel 2 more times. When Jormungandr Emerges and Submerges during this ability, he knocks up Enemies and with each Submerge he leaves behind a toxic cloud.
- Submerge Damage: 150/200/250/300/350 (+40% of your magical power)
- Emerge/Crash Damage: 75/100/125/150/175 (+20% of your magical power)
- Cooldown: 120/115/110/105/100
- Mana Cost: 100
- Radius: 20
New God Skins
Standard - Recolor
Deathbringer King Arthur
Exclusive - Twitch Prime
Star Force Neith
Exclusive - Switch Linking
Infinite Seer Ah Puch
Exclusive - Legend of Camelot
Exclusive - Spring Holiday Chest
(Available March 12)
Mastery Update - Anhur
Mastery Skins - Jormungandr
New Voice Packs
- Deathbringer King Arthur
- Dragon Prince Ne Zha
- Infinite Seer Ah Puch
- Wolfsbane Skadi
- Spellbound Chang'e
New Cosmetic Items
- Flowerbed Death Mark
- Wolfsbane Announcer Pack
- King Arthur Loading Screen
- King Arthur Announcer Pack
Deserter Penalty Updates
“This system is being updated to go easier on players who made one time mistakes, but to be much more punishing on repeat offenders. The deserter penalty system will now take much longer to reset, and the punishments start smaller but ramp up to more intense punishments. We want to continue to improve the chances players will have at a fair match. Features like Role Queue are important to that, but we want to make sure players follow the system and don't dodge matches due to assigned roles they dislike.”
- Deserter Reset time Increased from 1 day to 5 days.
- First deserter penalty decreased from 30m to 10m.
- Second deserter penalty decreased from 60m to 30m.
- Third deserter penalty increased from 1h to 4 hours.
- Fourth deserter penalty increased from 4h to 1 day.
- Any additional deserter penalties applied will repeat the fourth.
- Indicators have been added in Conquest to make it more clear what team kills an objective.
- Siege Towers now have icons in Death Recap/Top Stats/Objective Bars.
- Updated the Bottom bar on the Console Home Screen to make it more clear when a player has navigated to that menu.
- Fixed Rod of Tahuti passive not working with Merlin stances outside of Arcane.
- Fixed Evolved Warriors Blessing to now proc with King Arthur's Basic Attacks.
- Fixed issue where Neith Ult could target Totem of Ku.
- Fixed a highlighting issue with Merlin Frostbolt where it would highlight enemies outside of explosion radius.
- Fixed issue where if Chiron Ultimate is cancelled immediately, then the player will be unable to Basic Attack.
- Fixed Ao Kuang Dragon Knight skin missing AOE FX on Wild Storm.
- Fixed an issue with Match Details in History not showing correct player names.
- Fixed missing UI elements at Spectator end of match lobby: Match ID, Replay button, Game Type and Game Duration.
- Fixed players unable to view offline profiles through search.
- Fixed options menu not populating for spectator clients.
- Fixed friends list showing a non-friend if they were partied with you then log off.
- Fixed an issue where you could not send a friend request to a player that was not logged on.
- Fixed an issue where Match of the Day Descriptions would not appear on the Play Screen.
- Fixed an issue where if a player receives deserter penalty on console then they'll have an unresponsive button prompt in the top-left of home screen.
- Fixed an issue where console players were unable to invite others to a Custom match by name.
Balance Updates – Conquest
Totem of Ku
“This new objective has added put twist to the solo lane in Season 6. There are lots of discussions about this objective's impact on the overall game mode and it is likely there will be more balance changes in the future but our first pass is focused on pacing and feeling of capturing the objective. There were some cases where its rules could be abused, and it was becoming too tanky too fast. With these issues fixed we can look toward its rewards and impact in future updates.”
- Fixed an issue where Totem would gain significantly more Health per kill than the intended 200.
- The Totem of Ku can no longer be targeted or affected by “God only” abilities.
- The Totem of Ku can no longer be attacked when it is inactive.
“Movement Speed is one of the strongest stats in the game, especially when gods get a critical mass of movement speed. Speed Buff should provide a nice supplement to a gods movement, but currently it allows for players to rotate very quickly, farm efficiently, and chase targets more effectively by itself. The level of speed provided is problematic early on in a match. We are decreasing the movement speed provided by 5% to put the brakes on its overall power. Junglers will be able to recoup some of this loss later on in the game (when it is healthier to have that level of speed) through the adjustment to Assassin's Blessing.”
- Decreased Speed Buff from 10% to 5%.
“The power level of an evolved Assassin's Blessing compared to an unevolved Assassin's Blessing is large, more so than other Blessings. We want to bring it more inline with the reward for the other Blessings.”
- Changed the evolution bonus from 10 Penetration to 5 Penetration and 5% Movement Speed.
“Although this item might not have been one of the most popular, it was putting up extreme results at high skill levels. Celestial Legion Helm was simply too stat efficient for its cost. It was leading to mage ADC's pushing out hunters, and making mid lane mages nearly impossible to gank. As we adjust the jungle role we wanted to nerf this counter to them at the same time, and make this a more difficult itemization decision.”
- Increased Cost from 2050 to 2150.
- Decreased Physical Protections gained per stack from 10 to 7.
“Another new feature of Season 6 is seeing a buff. We wanted to release this Elixir with caution to avoid extreme meta shifts with a new overtuned item. It seems we were a bit too conservative and people aren't getting opportunities to try this item out. The cost is being brought down to increase it chances of being used so we can gather more data and feedback on its impact to the game.”
- Decreased Cost from 2000 to 1500.
“Mages, along with junglers, have been perceived as the most powerful classes in the start of Season 6. Both are seeing some itemization changes to bring them more in line with other classes. Spear of the Magus provides an insane amount of penetration, and was being picked up even on mages that cannot stack the passive easily. A nerf to its base pen and an increase in cost will bring mages of all types down in overall strength.”
- Increased cost from 2300 to 2450.
- Decreased Base Magical Penetration from 15 to 10.
“While on the surface a Guardian Nerf, the increased cost and reduction in its penetration directly affects Mage power level. With Spear, Obsidian Shard, Soul Reaver, and the additional contribution of Void Stone on a team mages could quickly shred through a variety of targets. Not only did this item effectively help Mages, but it was a powerful choice for Bruisery Guardians and allowed them to 1v1 pure DPS classes too effectively. We feel with these adjustments the item will be in a healthier spot.”
- Increased cost from 2150 to 2250.
- Decreased Aura Penetration from 20 to 15.
“If you are reading ahead you may notice quite a few Warrior's on this list. One of our goals in Season 6 was to bring back Warrior into the Solo lane. While the Totem of Ku and buffs to Warrior's Blessing seem to have done this, some Warriors are still underperforming. While they aren't too far off, we want to help these Warriors to ensure a diverse pool of Solo Lane contenders. Rather than improving their burst we want to focus on their defensive capability, allowing them to get into mid and late game team fights more effectively and disrupt their opponents.
Achilles Radiant Glory is a conditional heal that requires him to hit multiple targets with his abilities. We want to better reward him for successfully accomplishing this, especially during the teamfight phase.”
- Radiant Glory
- Increased Heal from 23/26/29/32/35 to 24/28/32/36/40.
“Master of War gives Bellona an additional edge in combat when she is actively fighting. We want to increase its effectiveness, giving her a slight bump to her tankiness at all stages of the game.”
- Master of War
- Increased Protections from 4 Protections per Stack to 5 Protections per stack.
“During the Dev Talk, we discussed Cu Chulainn's current performance and how the cooldown reduction to his ult didn't really make much of an impact. We are giving him some base stat love to help his level very early game, but we are also increasing the Mana conversion rate of his Passive. This should open up the pool of items Cu Chulainn can use effectively, including items like Breastplate of Valor and Gladiator's Shield.”
- Increased Base HP from 475 to 480.
- Increased Basic Attack Power from 38 to 39.
- Increased Health Conversion from 15% of Mana to 20% of Mana.
“Fafnir continues to struggle in Season 6. This god has high potential to dominate the pro league, as we have seen in the past, so we take a careful approach toward buffing him. Fafnir has a lot of utility and lockdown, but he struggles heavily in the early laning phase. Over the years he was nerfed multiple times, and now we plan to revert one of those nerfs. With Fafnir's overall utility being much lower than at launch time, his base damage on his primary clear ability can be raised back to its original intended amount.”
- Cursed Strength
- Increased Base Damage from 80/125/170/215/260 to 100/140/180/220/260.
“Freya was reworked in Season 5 with a few goals in mind. We wanted to reduce her binary nature of being ineffective for a large portion of time and suddenly spiking in power with her stims active. This resulted in her balance being a razors edge, where she either killed during her effective times or didn't; resulting in her seeing play or not. While the rework has helped her contribute more to a teamfight more often like a more traditional hunter; her Northern Lights being an immediate burst harkened back to that frustrating feeling of being immediately destroyed after a Banish. Additionally, long time Freya players felt like they lost a unique playstyle of a stim hunter and got a burst mage as a replacement.
We are doing a single ability rework and a few balance tweaks to help smooth out her damage, make it feel more skillful and avoidable, while also giving older Freya players some of the feeling of a bonus reward for successfully landing multiple shots on enemies. Northern Lights will now have 5 shots, spreading out the damage from a single (largely unmissable) burst into 5 separate and missable shots. Players familiar with Old Freya will have a similar feeling of combining the 1 and the 2 to really burn down targets, but only if they can land those shots.
Additionally, Mystic Warrior and Aurora Blades have had small balance adjustments to work with Northern Lights more appropriately. Mystic Warrior will heal on each Ammo shot, so its overall healing has been toned down. Northern Lights will now have 5 shots, meaning players will be firing ranged attacks more often. We are reducing the Mana cost to make this a bit more manageable.”
- Mystic Warrior
- Decreased Self Heal on hit from 2% to 1.5%.
- Northern Lights
- Northern Light has been adjusted.
- Northern Lights when activated, Freya gains 5 shots of Northern Lights. Each Basic Attack consumes a charge even if that attack does not hit.
- Damage Decreased from 40/80/120/160/200 to 11/27/43/59/75.
- Damage Scaling Decreased from 40% to 10%.
- Slow Duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1.25 seconds.
- Charges last indefinitely. Ability goes on cooldown when all are consumed.
- Aurora Blade
- Reduced Mana cost from 20/25/30/35/40 to 14/18/22/26/30.
“In Season 5 we nerfed Hachiman's early lane pressure and slow from Mounted Archery. Since then he has fallen out over favor over time and sits low compared to other hunters. We are reverting the nerf to Heavenly Banner, giving him extra lane clear and boxing power during early skirmishes.”
- Heavenly Banner
- Increased damage from 75/130/185/240/295 to 85/140/195/250/305.
“Similarly to other Warriors, Hercules is getting an increase to his survivability. While his heal has potential to be incredibly potent, his survivability is heavily lacking when anti-heal is applies. He needs to really get into fights to push and pull his opponents so we are increasing the protections provided from Mitigate Wounds to help it mitigate incoming wounds.”
- Mitigate Wounds
- Increased Protections buff from 10/20/30/40/50 to 20/30/40/50/60.
“Odin, especially in modes centered around teamfighting, is a powerhouse. Not only is his ultimate a strong lockdown but it applies a powerful anti-heal and attack speed slow, really limiting enemies options to counterplay being locked in a cage while a team throws all their abilities into it. The Attack Speed slow is especially punishing when it comes to trying to fight back and we feel it really pushes this ability over the top.
Odin hard counters a huge amount of the roster. We want people to be able to fight him in his cage, and we also want cage to feel meaningful to rank up. This change is more of a shift than a buff or nerf, intended to keep Odin in a similar spot as now, but with more counterplay around his ultimate ability.”
- Ring of Spears
- This ability no longer applies an attack speed slow to enemies in its area.
- Changed duration from 5s to 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s.
“Sobek was a powerful threat in the solo lane during Season 5, really starting the trend of Guardians flexing to that role and stifling picks. With the adjustments to the solo lane we feel comfortable bringing power back to Sobek but feel reverting the cooldown on Tail Whip would result in the same result, stifling diversity. We instead are focusing on increasing his base tankiness, allowing him to be more successful and charging into the enemy team and heavily disrupting opponents.”
- Increased HP per level from 81 to 86.
- Blessing of the Nile
- Increased Protections per Stack from 7 to 10.
“Sylvanus brings healing and control to any team he is on, but one of these components is a bit clunky. Wisps need to not only travel to the target (which we are slightly speeding up), but allies do not benefit from the wisp until a tick can happen making it feel delayed. Most abilities that “tick” have an initial hit to avoid this delayed feeling, and for already being delayed by travel time we feel this ability should have that immediate impact.”
- Increase Projectile Speed from 50 to 100 (this does not affect the initial release speed).
- Wisps now apply an additional tick right as they hit an ally or enemy (same damage / heal as other ticks).
- Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+10% of your Magical Power)
- Heal: 15/20/25/30/35 (10% of your Magical Power)
“Tyr has also struggled to come back into the Solo Lane, not only with Season 6 but for most of Season 4 and 5. We have done some large adjustments to him but he has still struggled to really make a showing. We want to increase his ability to survive engagements and give him a slight bump to his tankiness against Physical Attackers.”
- Increased base Physical Protections from 15 to 18.
- Power Cleave
- Increased Healing from 25/45/65/85/105 to 30/55/80/105/130.
“Vamana's Colossal Fury is really impacting the Battleground, allowing him to survive teamfights more effectively and be a powerful disruptor. One consequence of the change was he lost all collision, making him pass through players in addition to player made walls. This made him difficult to counter (tanks cannot body block him) while also making him miss targets he was in since they could juke into him. He will not collide with players, making both of these situations feel better.”
- Colossal Fury
- Now collides with players only.