7.10 The Trickster God | October 6, 2020
- 1 7.10 The Trickster God | October 6, 2020
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 Update Release Schedule
- 1.4 Loki Rework
- 1.5 Inclusivity on the Battleground
- 1.6 Bug Fixes
- 1.7 Balance Live with the Trickster God Update Oct 6
- 1.8 Game Modes
- 1.9 Item Balance
- 1.10 God Balance
- 1.11 Post PTS Balance Changes
New God Skins
Sniper Tech Ra
Exclusive - Odyssey
Primal Spirit Cernunnos
Exclusive - Odyssey Reward
Pumpkin Spice Discordia
Exclusive - Halloween 2020 Chest
Stealthed Slayer Loki
Standard - Recolor
New Voice Packs
- Gummy Worm Medusa
- Sniper Tech Ra
- Primal Spirit Cernunnos
- Vampiress Amaterasu
- Pumpkin Spice Discordia
Update Release Schedule
- 7.9 Bonus Update – Get all the details on Balance and new content here.
- 7.10 The Trickster God Update
- 7.10 Bonus Update – More info coming here!
Loki fans and haters alike, the Loki Rework is finally here! This trickster will have a mixture of familiar elements with some entirely new surprises to bring to the battleground. We focused on preserving the stealth Assassin feel his kit evoked, but removed many of the frustrations surrounding him. Enemies should feel more in control when fighting against a Loki, having options to counter his incoming damage with a larger window to react. Loki mains should however find an array of new abilities to use when it comes to Jungling and teamfighting. All this is tied together with stronger lore ties and a doubling down on his dagger mastery. Prepare to face his tortured past and try your best to dodge his flurry of dagger strikes once this god hits the battleground!
In the initial dev blog update we discussed our vision but also the need for us to continue to iterate through development and playtesting to find the right timings, balance, and tweaks that may be needed. To see where we started from and to give context on the changes below we encourage you to read the initial dev blog here : https://www.smitegame.com/news/developer-update-loki/
- Increased Basic Attack damage on the initial hit from 80% to 100% damage.
- Behind You! (Passive)
- Behind You! now has additional interactions with Agonizing Visions and Flurry Strike.
- Loki will now fade into stealth quickly, rather than instantly.
- If Loki takes damage while stealthed, he will now be revealed for .33s.
- The audio for this ability has been adjusted.
- Friendly Loki Stealth is slightly quieter.
- Enemy Loki Stealth has an additional laughter component to help it stand out.
- Decoy has been removed and replaced with Agonizing Visions.
- [NEW] Agonizing Visions
- Loki summons a vision of his tortured past at a target location for 4s. Enemies in range of the vision feel the poison themselves, taking damage and having their Damage Dealt reduced. This effect stacks up to 4 times. If an enemy gets 4 stacks they become Blinded, allowing Loki to benefit from Behind You! from any direction for 3s.
- Damage : 13/18/23/28/33 (+10% of your Physical Power)
- Damage Dealt: -5% for 2.5s
- Notes: This ability will still body block enemies.
- Aimed Strike
- Aimed Strike has been removed and replaced with Flurry Strikes
- [NEW] Flurry Strike
- Loki unleashes a flurry of 5 dagger strikes quickly in front of him, damaging enemies. After this flurry he winds up for a final heavy strike that deals higher damage and slows enemies hit. This ability can benefit from Behind You!
- Flurry Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+15% of your Physical Power)
- Final Damage: 40/65/90/115/140 (+60% of your Physical Power)
- Slow: 30% for 3s
- [REWORKED] Assassinate
- Assassinate has undergone a heavy adjustment in its functionality.
- Upon activation, Loki teleports to his ground target location. If an enemy god is within the radius, Loki will slice that target doing damage and crippling them for 1s. After he teleports he will wind up a heavier strike, damaging all enemies in front of him and stunning them.
- Cripple Damage: 70/105/140/175/210 (+35% of your Physical Power)
- Heavy Damage: 100/145/190/235/280 (+90% of your Physical Power)
- Stun: 1s
- This ability has kept the teleport poof and warning sounds, in addition to new sounds to convey the buildup to the stun attack.
Inclusivity on the Battleground
- October is LGBT History Month. To commemorate this we are adding a variety of LGBT flag avatars to the game. These will be given away via a free community event or available for direct purchase for 1 Favor or 1 Gem
- Transgender Flag
- Lesbian Flag
- Asexual Flag
- Bisexual Flag
- Non-Binary Flag
- Pansexual Flag
- Fixed an Issue where players were unable to open settings using the [Escape] key after leaving the Odyssey.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect art was displayed
- Skin order bug (owned vs unowned)
- The new sorting showing skins by release date will once again show owned skins before unpurchased skins
- Fixed an issue where ability audio would not be heard from certain distances or positions. (no more silent Ra ults!)
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Giant intro meteor would not appear in certain situations
- Fixed an issue where players could pause the game more times than intended (fixed in an earlier hotfix, already live)
- Fixed an issue where new players were not receiving quest credit for Conquest matches below level 3.
- Fixed an issue where Janus could not place portals on a certain area of walls
- Audio/Visual Clarity
- Fun-pocalypse Ullr has had ability audio adjusted to sound more like default Ullr
- Dragon’s Light Sobek has had ability audio adjusted to sound more like default Sobek
- Howler Demon Hun Batz has had ability audio adjusted to sound more like default Hun Batz
- Chibi Ah Muzen Cab has had basic attack and ability audio adjusted to sound more like base Ah Muzen Cab
- Cutting Edge Ullr has had visual FX updates for clarity reasons
- Fixed an issue where sometimes red ingredients had no effect on her potions damage
- Cabrakan will now only be able to cancel tremors by using the “cancel” input (right click on PC). This should prevent occurences of players accidentally cancelling the ability too soon
- Fixed an issue where his self buff from his passive was using the wrong UI icon
- Fixed an issue where Abduct would continue to grab an opponent even if Khepri was affected by CC that interrupts this ability
- Fixed an issue where dying during the last show of his ultimate could put him in a state where he is unable to use any abilities
- Fixed an issue where his attack speed slow wasn’t working consistently with other attack speed slows
- Updated description to be more clear on the items effects
Balance Live with the Trickster God Update Oct 6
As the fall season is upon us, so is the return of SMITE Adventure Modes! The team is fully focused on creating the brand new Season 8 Conquest map, so we won’t be bringing any new adventures out this year. We will be revisiting Classic Joust, Domination, and Corrupted Arena over the next 3 Updates. We are aware that Medusa’s Deathmatch is a fan-favorite, but the 3-team UI of this mode creates many problems in the game and is preventing us from bringing the mode back, for now.
- The Classic Joust Mode has been enabled for this update!
- It will only be available for play during The Trickster God update.
This item was the target of a major rework in the Mid Season Update, with many players finding it to feel a little too strong. Mage ADCs took over the game for a few months, making it hard to see the impact of physical Hunters, but we can now finally see their strength. This item is the premier 20% Penetration Item for Hunters. Every damage class has one and we intend to keep this item at 20%, but the rest of the stats need to feel balanced to a high pen item, so we are taking the attack speed down as well as the movement speed from the passive.
- Decreased Attack Speed from 30% to 25%
- Decreased Movement Speed while attacking and Strafing from 40% to 30% of your movement speed
The new Hunter meta build revolves around this item. As we continued with some careful Hunter nerfs, we are bringing the attack speed down on this item slightly to make the power gained from the passive less intense.
- Decreased Attack Speed from 35% to 30%
The loss of healing on Gladiator’s Shield has shaken the solo lane meta to its core. The shake ups were good, but the new item wasn’t. We are improving this item in a few more ways to stay true to its spirit as a damage option for tanks. Now the item will feature a fairly unique mechanic where it deals increased bonus damage based on PROTECTION scaling (not power scaling)! This should allow warrior’s to better itemize into a backline diving strategy.
- Decreased Cost from 2500 to 2400
- Changed Damage dealt from 15+2 per level
- To 15 + 35% of your total PROTECTIONS from items magical + physical from items and abilities
- Increased Bonus Damage activation threshold from 50% to 60%
We have been continually looking for support items that feel underwhelming, and we have some bigger plans in the future, but for now we have identified Emperor’s Armor as needing some help. This item can be a very strong pickup for the “true support” players especially in Conquest, and a little extra protections should make them feel a lot better about building into this item.
- Increased Physical Protections from 40 to 50
The New Hide scales with protections, preventing squishies from using it. However, the Protections scaling was a little too easily attainable, allowing tanks to get the stacks too soon or too easily. We are increasing the amount per stack required to slow this down just a little.
- Increased Protections Required per block stack from 100 to 120
This Lion certainly won’t be cowardly next update. Anhur tends to stay low win-rate, even when pros are happy to pick him up in certain metas. One thing we have been hearing is that his movement ability feels a bit old and outdated. We are speeding this up to help it feel up to today’s standards
- Decreased setup time from 0.275s to 0.15s
- Decreased leap time from 0.975s to 0.85s.
- His leap is now quicker and he starts leaping more quickly
Get ready to put the moves on ‘em. Apollo is going to be styling with his dash being sped up in a similar way as Anhur’s leap. We are hoping these changes will breathe some life into some older hunters that certainly have potential to be in the meta.
- The Moves
- Decreased setup time from 0.2333s to 0.15s
- Decreased dash time from 0.65s to 0.58s.
- He travels the same distance in less time, and starts traveling quicker
The master of Arena continues to struggle in Conquest. For this buff we looked specifically at Ares’ underwhelming ability, and what he seems to lack for success in Conquest. We are adding some HP sustain to Bolster Defenses to provide Ares with some much needed recovery as well as make Bolster Defenses a more attractive ability to put a point into.
- Bolster Defenses
- Now provides 10/15/20/25/30 HP5 to himself and allies affected by the aura
This god is ever shapeshifting from meta to meta. With very few balance changes to the goddess directly, we have seen her rise and fall a few times. Certain pros have a preference for her, which certainly helps. We are reverting a nerf to her heal to empower her as a support, and make sure she feels like a viable duo lane choice.
- Energy Surge
- Increase energy surge Heal from 40/60/80/100/120 to 60/80/100/120/140 per enemy god hit (revert)
The party is going to keep on going until Baron can successfully play the Mid Lane. Some recent small damage buffs have moved him in the right direction, but he’s not quite there. There are still a lot of incentives to build him hybrid or tanky, so we are looking to increase the Power Scaling on his primary damaging ability.
- Vivid Gaze
- Increase Magical Power Scaling from 60% to 70%
- 69% to 80.5% when hitting both beams
Time to throw this dog a bone. Fenrir received some recent buffs that only made a small impact. The god has a very specific role in singling out and killing an enemy god with his Ultimate, which we are aiming to improve. Movement Speed gets heavily hit by diminishing returns when at such high numbers, so this change shouldnt be as huge as it may appear, but it will help Fenrir chase down his target more effectively. We are also partially reverting the rather heavy damage nerf to Unchained that resulted from the Fenrir Support meta.
- Increased Base Damage 75/135/195/255/315 to 85/145/205/265/325
- Increased Movement Speed Buff from 50% to 75%
Calling all snipers: Eagle Eye buff incoming. This is a unique ability which allows Hachiman to hit enemy gods with basic attacks from an unmatched range. The god used to see a lot of pro play and we wanted to be careful with his launch, so this ability was intentionally underpowered for a while. We are bringing it up to feel more impactful, hopefully keeping Hachiman in the hunter meta.
- Eagle Eye
- Increased Bonus Damage for Under 55 Range 10/15/15/20/25 and Over 55 Range 0/5/5/10/15 have both been increased to 10/15/20/25/30 damage. This ability now deals the same amount of damage at all ranges.
The god of the afterlife has fallen to pieces. Mid Season hurt Osiris more than most Warriors, and he is still struggling to catch up even with the strong Warrior items available. Osiris is known for his high pressure, so we are taking steps to improve that aspect of his design, and make sure it persists into the late game. Increased Damage scaling will give Osiris more reasons to build power, and a sizable increase to the range of his Ultimate will make him much better at chasing down enemies.
- Sickle Strike
- Increased Physical Power scaling from 40% to 45%
- Lord of the Afterlife
- Increased the max range of the leap from 55 to 65 units
The queen of the SPL has fallen. For years this god was considered unbuffable due to her constant participation in competitive play. Recently we have seen her fall off more and more due to some direct nerfs a while back as well as meta shifts. Serqet, even at her absolute peak, usually fails to put up much win-rate, so these buffs feel safe to bring her back into the competitive scene, specifically by encouraging an aggressive high power play style.
- Cobra's Kiss
- Decreased Cooldown from 18s to 16s
- Increased Physical Power Scaling from 50% to 70%
This big guy has had a few recent adjustments to this movement speed rules during Colossal Fury. The previous movement speed was quite strong, and the current one is feeling a little too weak. The experiment with partial haste effects on Atalanta’s Bow seems successful, so we are trying that out on gods.
- Colossal Fury
- Decreased the Movement Penalty for Attacking, Backpedaling, and Strafing by 20% while this ability is active.
Post PTS Balance Changes
- Bolster Defenses
- Increased Hp5 from 10/15/20/25/30 to 25/30/35/40/45
- Decreased Protections Scaling from 35% to 25%
- Behind You!
- Moved the backstab damage numbers 2D art up a few units to provide better visibility for Loki while attacking
- Agonizing Visions
- Decrease Anim time from 0.3s to 0.1s
- Flurry Strike
- Increase Base Flurry Damage from 15/25/35/45/55 to 19/28/37/46/55 per hit
- This ability is now knock up immune
- Loki will be banned from ranked for the entire month after his release
- Gummy Worm Medusa
- Fixed an issue where some enemies were turning to regular stone not rainbow gummy candy
- Scylla Bug
- Fixed an issue where the Living Death skin was using the default Scylla model
- Bastet Bug
- Fixed an issue where her passive duration was not lasting the full duration
- Loki Bugs
- Fixed an issue where Loki could fire his ultimate multiple times if jump action was spammed while firing
- Fixed an issue where the Grim Mariachi skin was missing the proper blind color