SMITE Version 7.12.6319.9
7.12 - The Legendary Tanuki | December 15, 2020
- 1 7.12 - The Legendary Tanuki | December 15, 2020
- 1.1 New Japanese God: Danzaburou - The Legendary Tanuki
- 1.2 New God Skins
- 1.3 New Voice Packs
- 1.4 Update Release Schedule
- 1.5 SMITE Friends Event
- 1.6 Quality of Life
- 1.7 Bug Fixes
- 1.8 7.12 Balance (Live with the launch of 7.12!)
- 1.9 Game Modes
- 1.10 Item Balance
- 1.11 God Balance
- 1.11.1 Ah Muzen Cab
- 1.11.2 Ah Puch
- 1.11.3 Ao Kuang
- 1.11.4 Apollo
- 1.11.5 Artemis
- 1.11.6 Artio
- 1.11.7 Bellona
- 1.11.8 Chaac
- 1.11.9 Cthulhu
- 1.11.10 Erlang Shen
- 1.11.11 Hel
- 1.11.12 Loki
- 1.11.13 Persephone
- 1.11.14 Ra
- 1.11.15 Set
- 1.11.16 Sobek
- 1.11.17 Sylvanus
- 1.11.18 Terra
- 1.11.19 The Morrigan
- 1.11.20 Tyr
- 1.11.21 Yemoja
- 1.11.22 Ymir
- 1.11.23 Zeus
New Japanese God: Danzaburou - The Legendary Tanuki
- Every time Danzaburou actively gains gold, he stores 10% into one of his money pouches instead. When a pouch is completely filled, Danzaburou gains bonus gold and a permanent Physical Power increase before switching to a larger money pouch.
- Pouch gold: 80/140/200/300
- Bonus Power: 10 per pouch
- Bonus Gold: 180/265/350/500
- Danzaburou rolls out 3 money bags that pass through and damage Enemy minions but stop on Enemy gods, slowing as they travel. Gods hit are damaged and Intoxicated, dropping a gold coin that Danzaburou or his ally gods can pick up to provide him 10 gold. When a money bag stops moving, it reveals to be an explosive which detonates after a short delay. Subsequent hits of the money bag or explosions deal 20% damage.
- Damage : 70/125/180/235/290 (+80% of your Physical Power)
- Explosion Damage : 30/55/80/105/130 (+30% of your Physical Power)
- Intoxicate Duration : 0.6/0.8/1/1.2/1.4s
- Cost : 70/75/80/85/90
- Cooldown : 12s
- Danzaburou takes a swig of his sake bottle, gaining health, before hurling it in front of him dealing damage to Enemies in the inner circle. The bottle of sake applies stacks to Enemy gods in the area slowing, and upon reaching 3 stacks, taunting (with no DR) them towards the sake bottle. Enemies that take more than 30% of their max. Health while taunted are broken out early.
- Healing : 30/50/70/90/110 (+20% of your Physical Power)
- Damage : 80/130/180/230/280 (+70% of your Physical Power)
- Slow per stack : 10% for 1.5s (3 stacks max.)
- Taunt Duration : 1s
- Hits to Break : 2/2/3/3/4
- Cost : 60/65/70/75/80
- Cooldown : 16/15/14/13/12s
- Danzaburou creates a field where he moves faster, is slow immune and takes less damage from basic attacks. Enemies in the field are slowed by 20%. If Danzaburou leaves the field it disappears turning him into a leaf among other decoys that mimic his movement. In this state his movement speed is increased, he is still slow immune and can pass through Enemies. After a short delay from transforming, any hit from Enemy gods or if Danzaburou himself attacks, he will revert back.
- Movement Speed : 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%
- Leaf Movement Speed : 20/25/30/35/40%
- Reduced Basic Attack Damage : 20%
- Field Duration : 5s
- Leaf Duration : 4s
- Cost : 70
- Cooldown : 16s
- Danzaburou summons a magical leaf which transforms into a large bamboo rocket! While preparing, Danzaburou can aim the rocket within 180 degrees to lock onto Enemy gods or he can refire this ability to become the rocket. Once fired the Rocket will pass through and damage Enemy minions, stopping on the first Enemy god hit damaging and stunning them while dealing 50% damage in a larger area.
- Damage : 300/360/420/480/540 (+110% of your Physical Power)
- Stun Duration : 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4s
- Cost : 100
- Cooldown : 90s
New God Skins
Available December 1
Available December 15
Standard - Recolor
Mastery Skins - Danzaburou
Don Zaburou Danzaburou
Exclusive - SMITE Friends
Phoenix Fury Kukulkan
Unlimited - SMITE Friends Reward
Available December 29
Malware Monarch Persephone
Exclusive - SMITE Friends
World Tour Nemesis
Exclusive - SMITE Friends
SWC Champion Chang'e
Exclusive - SWC Viewer Reward
Available January 12
New Voice Packs
- Demon Scourge Athena
- Sacred Arrow Rama
- Chilling Wraith Hades
- Snow Kitten Bastet
- Molten Destroyer Cthulhu
- Don Zaburou Danzaburou
- Radiant Heroine Bellona
- Saurian Conjurer Ah Puch
- Phoenix Fury Kukulkan
- Malware Monarch Persephone
- World Tour Nemesis
- Space Cadet Vulcan
- Living Alloy Jormungandr
- SWC Champion Chang’e
- Zero Gravity Nike
- Witching Hour Freya
- Thunderfang Thor
- Rogue Android Izanami
Update Release Schedule
- December 1
- 7.11 3rd Content Drop
- Odyssey: Reckoning Content
- Winter Wonderland Chest
- December 15
- 7.12 Release
- Danzaburou Release + Recolors + Masteries
- SMITE Friends Event Content
- Righteous Paladin Chest
- Mystic Shaman Chest
- December 29
- 7.12 2nd Content Drop
- SMITE Friends Event Content
- Retrospace Chest
- Metal Demon Chest
- January 12
- 7.12 3rd Content Drop
- SMITE Friends Event Content
- Fighter Beast Chest
- Broken Android Chest
Please note that these dates are tentative and subject to change
SMITE Friends Event
Welcome to the SMITE Friends event! This event celebrates SMITE’s many friendships, featuring our brand new besties: Ymir and Danzaburo, the most dynamic duo out there! This event will have 6 purchasable Exclusive Skins in total with 2 Skins releasing every 2 weeks. Each Skin will have an initial discount of 25% for that release only. Purchase all 6 Skins to unlock the Unlimited Phoenix Fury Kukulkan Skin!
When purchasing a Smite Friends event Skin you will also receive a Gift Token of a certain gift type (Emote, Voice Pack, Tier 2 Skin, or Awesome Gift). Gift Tokens allow you to send a gift to a friend on your friends list, in the gift store, or to maybe make a new friend by giving a gift from the end of match lobby to a stellar teammate! Send your friends gifts this season and spread the joy of friendship!
Purchasable Event Skins:
- Molten Destroyer Cthulhu Skin
- Don Zaburou Danzaburou Skin
- Malware Monarch Persephone Skin
- World Tour Nemesis Skin
- Zero Gravity Nike Skin
- Witching Hour Freya Skin
Event Reward Items:
- Unlocking 1 Skin: Tanuki King Pedestal + Voice Pack Gift Token
- Unlocking 2 Skins: 3x XP/Worshiper/Battle Pass Booster + Emote Gift Token
- Unlocking 3 Skins: SMITE Friends Music Theme + Tier 2 Skin Gift Token
- Unlocking 4 Skins: 5x XP/Worshiper/Battle Pass Booster + Voice Pack Gift Token
- Unlocking 5 Skins: Your Pal Player Title + Emote Gift Token
- Unlocking 6 Skins: Phoenix Fury Kukulkan Skin + Awesome Gift Token
Quality of Life
End of Match Lobby Update
- All Screens in the end of match lobby have had art and design updates
- Each screen has more interactable elements, and many screens have alternate views to show graphs, or more details on stats and progression.
- Results Screen
- This screen will now only show vital information, currency, worshipper, and ranked progress to reduce clutter
- Scoreboard Screen
- Scoreboard has been updated artistically
- Additional tabs to show stats and item details have been added to the bottom of the screen
- Details Screen
- Details have been updated artistically
- Has an additional tab to show the info in graph form instead of a table
- Once in the graphs screen you can select specific stats to compare for each player
- Progress Screen
- This is a new screen that features some info that used to be on the Results screen but with more detail
- Has an additional tab for more detailed math breakdowns on how currency/progress was calculated
- Has an additional tab for more detail information on accolades and achievements earned
Buff Camp Spawn Animation
- Updated Clash to use the modern Conquest presentation, meaning all maps are now using the updated presentation.
In-Game Item Store
- Updated to include items with stats in their passives
- Magical Penetration
- Stone of Binding now appears.
- Attack Speed
- Shogun’s Kusari now appears.
- Kill Streaks in SMITE are awarded if you kill multiple enemy gods within a certain timeframe, with each successive kill extending the timer.
- Increased the time for multi kill credit from 10s to 15s
SPL Voting Update
- Tournament Mode voting will be enabled for SWC which has a different structure than normal voting
- This screen can be accessed by moving ahead Week by Week in the VOTE section of the Esports Hub
- Fixed an issue where the shading on Death Icon’s was darker than intended
- Fixed an issue where the “mute voice comms” button was also muting all text/VGS
- Fixed a spectator issue where players disconnecting interfered with key mapping.
- Fixed an issue where god builder could crash while accessing it – we highly recommend that people double check their builds before they play as the fixes might have resulted in some items changing order.
- Fixed an issue where Healing and Mana chalices could be refilled outside of the Fountain
- Introduced some code to prevent gods from missing dashes at point-blank range
- Modified the way stealth works to better handle skins with translucent materials (Bacchus Blobchus as an example).
- Fixed an issue where the Defiant skin would play default audio
- Fixed an issue where CC Immune targets would take no damage from this ability
- Fixed an issue where the circle component of Hachiman’s dash would still deal damage and stun enemies even if he was interrupted by CC before this attack occurred. It will now be canceled properly
- Fixed an issue with the passive from her light stance not properly affecting healing.
- Fixed an issue where enemies who stealth as Loki uses his Ultimate on them would prevent Loki from firing the 2nd attack of his Ultimate
- Fixed issues where Loki’s achievements didn’t work with his new kit
- Nu Wa
- Allied gods who are actively channeling abilities will now be revealed instead of stealthed when standing in Nu Wa’s fog
- Fixed an issue where his ability could sometimes have an inconsistent hit area
- Fixed an issue where one of his achievements read “stanked” instead of “stacked”
- Fixed an issue where Yemoja could not be launched by her Riptide in certain situations
- Fixed many issues where items were not being filtered into the proper categories when the stats came from their passive effects. The following items will now show up in the listed filters:
- Reinforced Greaves – Physical Protection, Magical Protection
- Reinforced Shoes – Physical Protection, Magical Protection
- Blackthorn Hammer – MP5, CDR
- Shield of Regrowth – Movement Speed
- Talisman of Energy – Movement Speed, Attack Speed, MP5
- The Sledge – Physical Protection, Magical Protection
- Shifter’s Shield – Magical Protection
- Stone Cutting Sword – Physical Protection
- Lotus Crown – Magical Protection
- Mage’s Blessing – MP5
- Shogun’s Kusari – Attack Speed
- Wind Demon – Penetration
- Hand of the Gods
- Now will deal damage to clash camps on the allied side of the map
- Buff Potions
- Fixed an issue where these would replay their FX and Audio when gods changed stances/forms. This fix was attempted last update but has unintended side effects and had to be reverted. This is our 2nd attempt to fix.
7.12 Balance (Live with the launch of 7.12!)
- SWC Conquest
- Before we say goodbye to the Seasons 5-7 Conquest Map, we have one more major tournament to play on it! To add some flair to the World Championships and send this map out with style, we have added a few visual features.
- The SWC Logo is feature on each side of the center lane of the map
- Past Winners
- Statues of all previous World Champion skins have been placed throughout the map
- The iconic SWC Thor’s Hammer Trophy has replaced a wall by the Pyromancer
- The banners inside both Chaos and Order bases feature team logos from the SPL teams that will be competing at Worlds
- Corrupted Arena
- Our final time limited Adventure returns for one update this December: Corrupted Arena. Push your enemies into death pits in this crazy twist on the Arena Game Mode!
- The map has received a lighting update
- The special relic that pushes enemies back will be available on the map
- The map has received a lighting update
- This map will now feature the more modern and responsive jungle buff drop flow
With SWC and Season 8 on the horizon, we are happy to keep all Items in their current states.
Unlike items, there are a few gods we want to take the edge off before the SWC. Ra, Erlang Shen, Persephone, Yemoja, Sobek, and Set are all high contenders that have either not been nerfed recently or still need a slight nerf. The nerfs may look light in some cases but our goal isn’t to remove these gods from competitive play but to bring them more into line with more with the other highly contested gods. We are also bringing in a few buffs for everyone else! The gods being buffed are either in ways that we think will feel better in the long term or pose low risk to the Worlds stage. We look forward to Worlds and of course Season 8 which is bound to bring some spicy changes!
At one point AMC was the King Bee, but oh how the mighty have fallen. We are reverting a nerf that Ah Muzen Cab received when he was a top pick to bring him closer to the rest of the hunter meta in todays SMITE scene.
- Stinger (Revert)
- Increased Base Damage from 255/335/415/495/575 to 275/355/435/515/595
- Increased Physical Power Scaling from 100% to 110%
Another one that people have been asking for nonstop: Ah Puch! This god is in a difficult balance state because he tends to be one of the strongest performers in non-Conquest modes. We have forever said that its ok for some gods to not be SPL Conquest viable as long as they have strong dedicated players across the game, and Ah Puch falls into that spot. We are giving him some small buffs to hopefully help out his Conquest game by decreasing the chances he runs out of mana. We will keep a close eye on this god and potentially plan some bigger changes in Season 8.
- Fixed an issue where boss monsters could kill Ah Puch’s deployed corpses
- Undead Surge
- Decreased Mana Cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 60/65/70/75/80
- Corpse Explosion
- Decreased Mana Cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 60 at all ranks
- Fleeting Breath
- Decreased Mana Cost from 70 at all ranks to 60/65/70/75/80
The Dragon King briefly showed up during the peak of the Hecate meta, but then disappeared as quickly as he had risen up. Ao Kuang’s passive rewards him for timing his engagements in between jungle rotations, but the current value was simply too slow to be reasonably stacked. We are speeding that up while also reverting a nerf to dragon call which brings back his ability to opt into basic attack focused builds.
- Dragon King’s Sword
- Decrease power-up time from 20s to 12s
- Dragon Call (Revert)
- Increase Attack Damage 30/45/60/75/90 to 35/50/65/80/95
Apollo finally saw his play during the SPL and it was So Beautiful. In celebration (and to help him not be a single pick) we are boosting So Beautiful’s base damage. This ability is a true straightforward damage ability and should shine as such.
- So Beautiful
- Increased Damage from 80/140/200/260/320 to 90/150/210/270/330
The Goddess of the Hunt continues to inspire heating debates in the SMITE community. She tends to perform very well in all modes and skill levels, even at high ranked Conquest, yet she is generally considered far below the meta. Artemis sacrifices mobility and early pressure for high control and huge late game damage, which is a risky but effective strategy. We are giving Artemis slightly more control over her CC by increasing the range of her trap. This ability can be extremely powerful when used in combat, and we expect this buff to create a lot more opportunities for Artemis to turn the fight around.
- Transgressor’s Fate
- Increasing the deploy range from 35 units to 40 units
Bear or Druid: Which will you choose? Artio is designed with some buffs and debuffs that require hitting enemies with abilities from both stances. In order to maximize those you had to consider delaying your abilities to a slower flow that was rarely worth the payoff. We are increasing the durations of these effects so Artio can play normally and still reap the rewards.
- Increased duration of debuff from 4s to 6s
- Energy Surge (Maul Prey)
- Decreased Mana Cost from 50/55/60/65/70 mana to 40/45/50/55/60
- Increased duration of buff from 4s to 6s
The time has come for the glory of Rome to be restored. Bellona is often a difficult character to buff, as she always seems one step away from taking over the solo meta. After some direct nerfs and losing many of her core items, its looking quite safe to buff her again. We are focusing heavily on QoL with these buffs, adding a lot more fluid functionality to her kit, and adding some power to the parts of her kit that feel clearly lacking, like the flag left behind on Eagle’s Rally.
- Master of War
- Increased Passive duration from 4s to 7s.
- Shield Bash / Bludgeon / Scourge
- Increase weapon duration from 5s to 7s
- If Bellona is mid-swing when this timer expires, she will complete the swing with her Weapon. If this hits a target, she will reset the timer and not swap back to her Base weapon.
- Eagle's Rally
- Now Provides Magical Power to allies as well as Physical Power
- Magical Power: 35/45/55/65/75
- Increased Physical Power from 10/20/30/40/50 to 20/30/40/50/60
- Increased Flag Duration from 6/7/8/9/10s to 8s at all ranks
It’s time to move like a Jaguar! When Chaac brings down the Thunder he will now be a force to be reckoned with. Late game he can struggle to fill that frontline bruiser role, but with up to 70% Mitigation he can tactfully use it to avoid major bursts before bringing the AoE silence.
- Storm Call
- Increased Damage Mitigation Chaac gains while Channeling from 50% at all ranks to 50/55/60/65/70%
In this update we are adding a nice amount of clarity to the madness that Cthulhu can create. While in his ultimate form there will be a special offset to make sure his opponents can see what buffs and debuffs he currently has applied.
- Added a visual offset to buff and debuff effects applied to Cthulhu while in his ult state. This slightly moves these effects toward your player camera so Cthulhu’s persistent effects (like thorns) can be more clearly seen.
Erlang Shen might be able to spot weakness, but given his popularity and strength, we are struggling to find his. With the raw power provided by Spot Weakness he has a variety of build paths and can be difficult to fight effectively. Bringing down the power bringing up his mana cost should be just the touch needed for the SWC.
- Spot Weakness
- Increase mana cost from 60 to 60/65/70/75/80
- Decrease base damage from 15/30/45/60/75 to 15/27/39/51/63
In our large healing pass last Update a few issues were created for Hel. These are largely bug fixes but they do have balance implications. Hel’s passive was not working as intended in more ways than one, and these will be fixed in this update.
- Stance Attunement
- Fixed an issue where her passive was only increasing healing from abilities and FG buff – now should increase heals from all sources
- Fixed an issue where her healing bonus wasn’t properly ramping up over time with her passive meter
- Fixed an issue where an unintended temp icon was being displayed on her buff bar
We are seeing very promising stats from Loki since his rework. His popularity is remaining quite high (possibly due to Raphael) and he is putting up well balanced win-rates near 50% and the middle of the pack for gods. In ranked we have seen many more players trying him out in both jungle and solo, making him one of the top 10 most played gods at high ranked conquest. We are still seeing a good amount of concerns from Loki players about Flurry Strike, leading to this change. We are holding our ground on the abilities speed, this was an important part of the rework and Loki’s opponents need that reaction time. However, we are shifting the base damage to help his early jungle clear even more and increasing the scaling to make sure this ability stays impactful throughout a match.
We do hear the concerns around Flurry Strike and the speed of this ability, leading to this change. We want to make this ability feel rewarding to land but are holding our ground about the speed of this ability. The goal of the rework was to reduce frustration and the ability to see, react, and counter this ability is absolutely critical to that goal. We are increasing the final hits damage early to help his Jungle clear while boosting the scaling for Loki players in any role.
- Flurry Strike
- Increased Final Strike Damage from 40/65/90/115/140 to 55/75/95/115/135
- Increased Final Strike Scaling from 60% to 70%
Persephone has brought a lot of unique gameplay to SMITE, but unique can quickly become paired with frustration. Her garden has high highs and low lows, her ability to revive and damage enemies can turn getting a kill into despair, and her ult is often powerful even when it misses. For SWC we want to reduce this final point, softly addressing a point of frustration for the World stage. Going forward we may look towards larger adjustments to Persephone, tackling all the points of frustration listed above.
- Grasp of Death
- Decrease ult deployable HP from 5 to 3 if it hits a wall instead of a player
The sun is shining on Ra lately! A few buffs across the season have finally resulted in him being one of the top gods in the competitive conquest meta. Ra’s healing deployable now provides a lot of additional stats to his teammates, and these numbers are clearly too high. As Ra has just recently entered the competitive scene, we are being careful to not send him back to where he was before. With these changes he should still be a clear contender, but also clearly weaker than he is right now.
- Solar Blessing
- Decreased Physical Power from 10/15/20/25/30 to 8/11/14/17/20
- Decreased Magical Power from 20/25/30/35/40 to 14/18/22/26/30
- Decreased Protections from 10/15/20/25/30 to 8/11/14/17/20
The Usurper has been bringing the hurt in multiple roles. His flexible style of play is exciting but is too potent. Skewer is getting an increased cooldown, creating a larger window to fight Set and slowing down his poke and clear.
- Increased Cooldown from 8s to 9s
The Nile Crocodile has been turning gods of all types into unsuspecting prey. Sobek has risen in the ranks of the duo lane, resulting in him being one of the most contested supports in SPL and Ranked. Sobek brings strong CC and control with his signature pluck, but he can also threaten to solo kill squishies with his damage. We are bringing down the damage on his ult to prevent Sobek from taking such favorable trades against enemy backliners.
- Lurking in the Waters
- Decreased Base Damage from 350/500/650/800/950 to 300/450/600/750/900
This little old man doesn’t need to feel like a little old man. He is riding a massive tree beast after all! We are increasing a set of his base stats to increase his mobility, lane clear, and damage potential. We do think its likely that we will look more into Sylvanus in the future, possibly by giving him a new passive.
- Increased Base Movement Speed from 365 to 370
- Increased Base Attack Speed from 0.85 to 0.9
- Increased Base Attack Speed per level from 0.6 to 0.8
“I literally make walls, it’s about time!” – Terra
- Crushing Earth
- Can now place this ability in locations over walls
A huge quality of life buff is being added for The Morrigan in this update. She will now have the ability to retain jungle buffs and potion buffs throughout her normal form and ult forms. Previously, if The Morrigan was relying on elixir of speed, using her ultimate would cause her to lose this effect temporarily. The same would apply to things like red buff, or power potions. Now she will be permanently buffed by this effect. It should be noted that The Morrigan does not copy the buffs or consumable effects of her opponents, only their item build. This has not changed.
- Now transfers any jungle buff or consumable potion effects she has currently active onto her transformed state in her ultimate.
We have been looking closely into power and protection scaling on god abilities. On many cases using nice even numbers results in too weak or too strong scenarios at certain god ranks. Tyr’s Change Stance is mostly used with 1 rank in it, providing a disappointing amount of stats for most of the game, so we are leaning into this being a better one point wonder.
- Change Stance
- Increased Assault Stance Power from 0/10/20/30/40/50 to 0/18/26/34/42/50 Physical Power
- Increased Defense Stance Protections from 0/10/20/30/40/50 to 0/18/26/34/42/50 Protections
The river goddess has achieved something that very few other gods have: 100% pick/ban rate through an entire pro season. Yemoja has been hit with a few nerfs, tempering her performance in ranked and casuals, yet she is still the number one most contested god in the pro league. Riptide is especially more powerful at pro levels of play, so we are applying a nerf to that ability. Her Ultimate also has high skill cap potential with its timing and position, and is getting a slight nerf.
- Decreased Slow from 30% to 20%
- River's Rebuke
- Increases from 100s to 110s at all ranks
“Wall go more places now, thanks Zeus!” – Ymir
- Ice Wall
- Can now place this ability in locations over walls
We did it, Reddit! The king of the gods has heard the will of his subjects, who pointed out a possibly Quality of Life buff for Zeus. Most ranged deployables in SMITE are allowed to be fired over walls, and we agreed that Zeus’s shield throw should also be allowed. We don’t plan to apply this rule to every ability in the game, as some might have thematic or mechanic elements that don’t merit going over walls, but we are changing this for Zeus and for a few other gods.
- Aegis Assault
- Can now place this ability in locations over walls