7.8 God of the Moon Bonus | August 25, 2020
- 1 7.8 God of the Moon Bonus | August 25, 2020
- 2 Bonus Balance Live August 25
New God Skins
New Voice Packs
Bonus Balance Live August 25
“Mage ADCs are holding strong in the current meta, largely due to the reworking of this item. Hecate received a strong nerf last update, but it's clear that more is required. Freya and Olorun have continued to be top picks and bans, with Sol and Chronos being slightly more fringe, but still quite strong. We are bringing this items base stats down, as well as applying nerfs directly to Olorun and Freya. Our goals from these changes are to get all mage ADCs closer in balance to each other, and to get Mage ADCs closer in balance to Hunters.”
- Decreased Attack Speed from 30% to 25%.
- Decreased Magical Lifesteal 20% to 15%.
“This item is also heavily enabling the Mage ADC meta, and it's nerf reasoning and goals is closely tied to those of Ring of Hecate. However, this is also going to be extending nerfs to a set of traditional Mages who greatly benefit from lifesteal. The self healing Mages have access too has grown over time, causing frustration at higher skill levels and clear wins at lower levels. We are bringing this down while also planning to buff a set of damage and hybrid items for Mages in the main update.”
- Decreased Healing obtained from Magical Lifesteal from 40% to 30% in the Item's Passive.
“Basic Attack Assassins are still running as rampant as Mage ADCs. In a similar strategy, we are nerfing an item that is shared among many of the gods in this category, as well as directly nerfing a few top performers.”
- Decreased Attack Speed from 20% to 15%.
- Decreased Movement Speed from 10% to 7%.
“Ajax has cast his hoodie aside for a day to push through some Amaterasu nerfs. Amaterasu has become a top pick at pro play and ranked play, boasting a strong early game lane phase and a powerful presence in late game team fights. We are adjusting the damage from her mirror again, but this time at the higher ranks. This should keep her lane phase in a reasonable state, but bring down her mid-game kill potential.”
- Heavenly Reflection
- Decreased Damage from 70/105/140/175/210 to 70/100/130/160/190.
- Decreased Full damage from 140/210/280/350/420 to 140/200/260/320/380.
“This itsy bitsy spider is now one of the top picked and top winningest gods in the game. Arachne tends to put up strong metrics even when the community considers her weak, niche, pubstompy, or some other category that dismisses her power level. However, its clear to see now that people have caught on to her strength. Venomous Bite has exceedingly high base damage, so we are choosing to bring down this specific aspect of her along with the item changes.”
- Venomous Bite
- Decreased Damage per Tick from 10/20/30/40/50 to 10/18/26/34/42.
- Decreased from 110/195/280/365/450 to 110/183/256/329/402 Total damage.
“The great devourer is gobbling up other Junglers since Mid Season. The item and meta changes have pushed him much further up than expected, causing Baka to put up some top stats even after his recent buffs were reverted. In this update we are nerfing his passive, which is a key factor in making him one of the fastest Jungle farmers in the game. His ultimate is already getting a slight nerf in its area control, to give enemies a better chance of escaping his chomping jaws.”
- Insatiable Hunger
- Decreased Attack Speed per Stack from 8% to 7%.
- Decreased Movement Speed per Stack from 8% to 7%.
- Decreased slow duration from 4s to 3s.
“The battleground of the gods is crumbling. The great old ones have extended into the mortal realm causing madness and despair to run rampant. Cities burn, temples fall, and big scary squid monsters dive towers with reckless abandon. Cthulhu's Ultimate has been often discussed as his most powerful feature, and one that is hard to counter. We are decreasing the duration of this effect at all ranks, which should limit his chase and dive potential considerably.”
- Descend into Madness
- Duration reduced from 12/13/14/15/16s to 10/11/12/13/14s.
“The Valkyrie Queen also has been affectionately dubbed a “Ring Abuser.” Her favorite ring is getting nerfed, but she is still getting another direct nerf because she and Olorun are still likely to over perform against other hunters and against Sol and Chronos.”
- Decreased Slow from 25% at all ranks to 15/17.5/20/22.5/25%.
“The Yoruba leader was buffed leading up to Mid Season as well as in the Mid Season update itself. This combined with his new ring has clearly put him over the top, and one of those buffs is being reverted, specifically on his basic attack damage output. Olorun's Ultimate is often part of the conversation, and is something we will look into nerfing in the future if the Ring, Typhon's, and Touch of Fate nerfs aren't enough to bring him in line.”
- Touch of Fate
- Decreased Bonus Damage of Olorun's Critical Strikes from 60% to 50%.
“The Queen of the Underworld has continued to be a somewhat controversial goddess. Persephone is one of the weakest gods in the game at most skill levels, but at high ranks and competitive tiers she is considered exceedingly powerful. We will be looking into more changes for Persephone in the future, but for now we are looking to mitigate frustration factors. Her AoE Damage and Slow are both being nerfed, causing Persephone to rely more on her unique utility features that require more intense changes to address.”
- Decreased Magical Power Scaling Dmg from 75% to 65%.
- Decreased Harvest Slow from 30% to 20%.
“The God of the Moon has ambushed the balance stats as masterfully as he ambushed his rivals in the Japanese Pantheon. Tsukuyomi's unique kit elements and lack of a dash or leap has not held him back at all. Players in all skill levels and game modes are doing quite well with the god, mostly due to his damage output. Tsukuyomi is going to see damage nerfs across his kit, in both base damage and scaling damage. We expect this god's stats to tightly correlate with his damage potential, so these changes should bring him down substantially.”
- Dark Moon Shuriken
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 90% to 80%.
- Decreased damage on the first two hits from 35/60/85/110/135 to 30/55/80/105/130.
- Decreased final hit damage from 70/125/180/235/290 to 60/115/170/225/280.
- Decreased disarm duration from 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5s to 1.6/1.7/1.8/1.9/2.
- Silver Moon Caltrops
- Decreased damage from 20/37.5/55/72.5/90 to 20/35/50/65/80.
- Piercing Moonlight
- Decreased dash damage from 85/110/145/180/215 to 70/100/130/160/190.
- Updated the description to properly describe that Tsukuyomi must damage a target with the beams to dash to them.
- Fixed an issue where the description didn't state that killing an enemy immediately granted Tsukuyomi both of his ranged attacks.
“The magical waters are still causing more turbulence than serenity. Yemoja has received multiple nerfs over time, but forever remained as a top pick especially at pro play. We are bringing down her damage and control slightly to make room for more guardian picks.”
- Bouncing Bubble
- Decreased damage from 40/75/110/145/180 to 30/65/100/135/170.
- Reduced Slow duration from 1.4s to 1s.
- Both of these changes apply to all hits of the ability (1st, 2nd, and small bubbles).