8.11 - Transformers Bonus | November 30, 2021
- 1 8.11 - Transformers Bonus | November 30, 2021
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 BONUS BALANCE (LIVE NOVEMBER 30)
- 1.4 Item Balance
- 1.5 God Balance
- 1.6 NEW SKIN VOICE ACTORS
New God Skins
Infinite Overseer Cerberus
Exclusive - Odyssey
New Voice Packs
- Soul Slayer Nemesis
- Infinite Overseer Cerberus
- Crimson Authority King Arthur
- Shield Guardian Cabrakan
BONUS BALANCE (LIVE NOVEMBER 30)
ANTI-HEAL “BRAWLING” BUFF
Welcome to the SMITE World Championship patch! Our goals this patch are to make any final adjustments before the pros take to the stage and battle it out to see who are this Season’s World Champions. Adjustments made here are focused on competitive level feedback to ensure we have a fun and competitive championship. The first change is focused around Healing. We have seen a steady rise in gods that heal their team significantly and rather than nerfing them directly we want to use our global reduction to address this. The in combat pressure they provide will be mitigated by other adjustments below but this allows us to address healing that occurs in between fights.
- Increased Healing Reduction from 30% to 40%
- This applies globally to all gods who have not dealt/received damage or CC to/from another god within the last 3s
Lotus Crown has been a potent reason for the increase in healing. Its cheap but efficient statline combined with powerful team utility makes gods that can apply it stand out above the rest of the cast. By decreasing the team utility, other gods’ strengths should have a better chance to compete.
- Decreased Passive Physical and Magical Protections provided to allies from 20 to 15
The final major ‘healing’ focused adjustment is towards Divine Ruin. All other Anti-heal items feel powerful to purchase with the exception of Divine Ruin which feels noticeably weaker compared to other choices. An extra 20 Magical Power will help Mages secure their spot as a powerful Anti-heal part of a well rounded team composition.
- Increased Magical Power from 90 to 110
Warrior’s Axe received heavy adjustments and our goals for Solo lane feeling more aggressive and combat focused were met, Warrior’s Axe is contributing too much in that regard. We are lowering how strong its direct one-on-one trading can be in the early game to ensure other starts can compete.
- Decreased the Passive HP Steal from 35 to 25
- Increases the HP Steal from 1 per level to 1.5 per level
Similar to Warrior’s Axe, Sundering provided Warrior’s with too much consistent and reliable trading. A decrease in frequency and potency of the steal will help this feel more in line with other starting upgrades.
- Increased Cooldown on the passive from 7s to 8s
- Decreased Damage from 3% + 2% Per protections to 2% + 2% of protection
Wind Demon provides a slew of stats that can synergize with most Hunter builds. A decrease in Attack Speed in both its base and proc will make this item less useful in all builds but still a powerful part of a Critical Strike build.
- Decreased Attack Speed from 20% to 15%
- Decreased Passive Bonus Attack Speed from 15% to 10%
Artio can certainly bear another nerf given her performance, even with our most recent round of adjustments. Her strong utility from Entangling Vines and Ferocious roar will now happen less frequently. Entangling Vines also limits enemies ability to fight back with a hefty Power reduction. Decreasing this will let enemies who cannot flee have a stronger chance to fight back.
- Entangling Vines (Ferocious Roar)
- Increase Cooldown from 14s to 15s on both Bear and Druid stances
- Decreased Druid Power Debuff from 5/10/15/20/25% to 5/7.5/10/12.5/15%
Bastet has pounced up the win-rate charts with her recent rework! She still excels as an ability Assassin but with her extra healing and target isolating Ultimate her play style is much more rounded out. Each of these new components is just a whisker too potent however, giving her too much self sustain and up close burst. Decreasing these components (and setting Huntress of Bast to 90s) will let players have a better shot at surviving an encounter with this fearsome feline.
- Decreased Lifesteal and Ability Lifesteal from 5+1% per level (25% max) to 5+0.75% per level (20% max)
- Decreased Lifesteal and Ability Lifesteal from 5+0.5% per level (15% max) to 5+0.25% per level (10% max)
- Huntress of Bast
- Increased Cooldown from 80s to 90s
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 100% to 90%
Camazotzs has been a heavily contested Assassin and looks like he would continue to be a dominating presence if left unadjusted. Scaling adjustments on Vampire Bats and Bat Out of Hell will make him easier to trade with and temper the strength of the free Physical Power he gains with Screech.
- Vampire Bats
- Decreased the Physical Power Scaling on the initial hit from 100% to 80%
- (Decreased Total Scaling from 130% to 110%)
- Bat out of Hell
- Decrease Physical Power Scaling per hit from 40% to 35%
- (Decreased Total Scaling from 120% to 105%)
Speaking of Assassin burst, Cliodhna’s ultimate has created some interesting highlight moments. When fighting her directly her damage and ability to secure kills feels similar to other Assassin’s; but the ult traps are often executing enemies before a fight can even begin. This should leave enemies caught by one trap in less of a dire situation and reduce the chances of being instantly killed by two traps stacked on each other.
- Tearing the Veil
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling on the Opening hit from 80% to 70%
Erlang Shen is another jungler who is seeing a high amount of play that may limit Jungle diversity for Worlds. 72 Transformations offers heavy crowd control on a relatively low cooldown when maxxed. A reduction to Turtle’s Base Damage combined with an increase in cooldown will limit how often and how deadly this crowd control can be.
- 72 Transformations
- Decreased Turtle Damage from 65/110/155/200/245 to 55/100/145/190/235
- Increased Cooldown from 18/17/16/15/14s to 18/17.5/17/16.5/16s
Nike has been a consistent and reliable path to victory for many team. Barrier Formation’s long duration combined with the large team-wide slow of Sentinel of Zeus gives her tools that can be difficult to answer back again. A reduction in duration of both of these effects will open windows for better counter engagements and attacks.
- Barrier Formation
- Decrease Duration of this ability from 6s to 4s
- Sentinel of Zeus
- Decreased Slow Duration from 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s to 4s at all ranks
The Morrigan offers unparalleled flexibility for players. The strong assassin playstyle in the late game combined with transforming into a powerful teamfight god can give even the most coordinated teams problems. Confusion’s long duration late game makes it especially difficult to avoid getting caught out. With a second removed The Morrigan will need to decide to commit to assassination attempt much more quickly or risk being caught out.
- Decreased Stealth Duration from 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s to 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s
NEW SKIN VOICE ACTORS
- Infinite Overseer Cerberus: Major Attaway
- Soul Slayer Nemesis: Aimee Smith
- Crimson Authority King Arthur: Cory Yee
- Shield Guardian Cabrakan: Matthew Waterson