When the Gods of Rome ride chariots across the sky, it is Vulcan that made them. When they reach for weapons to wield in battle, it is Vulcan that forged them. When the very earth rumbles and mountains erupt in searing flame, it is Vulcan’s rage that burns. Smith of the Gods, Vulcan crafts with fire and forge as an artist would with paint and brush.
As an infant, so hideous was Vulcan that his disgusted mother, Juno, cast him into the sea from the heights of Mount Olympus. So great was the fall, it smashed one of Vulcan’s legs, a wound from which he would never recover. Beneath the waves, a sea nymph, Thetis, rescued the child-god and raised him as her own. As Vulcan grew, he ventured to the surface and discovered fire and the art of smithing. His natural talents emerged and he forged wondrous jewels for his adopted mother.
Summoned to a gala on Mount Olympus, Thetis wore Vulcan’s glittering gifts, but when Juno discovered Vulcan had made them, she jealously demanded he return to Mount Olympus. Angrily, Vulcan refused. In his stead, he sent a magnificent throne of gold and gems that imprisoned Juno when she sat upon it.
For three days Juno was so entombed, and would have remained so had not Jupiter, Vulcan’s father, interjected. To Vulcan he offered an exchange, Juno’s freedom for the hand of Venus, the most beautiful Goddess of Love. Vulcan agreed.
Though his vengeance was served cold, the fire of spite still burns in Vulcan’s chest. Unable to truly forgive, he loses himself at the forge. None of the wondrous chariots, jewelry or weapons he crafts can ever fill the hurt in his heart, but each one is worthy of a God.
|After damaging an enemy god, Vulcan gains increased movement speed for 3 seconds.|
|Movement Speed increase: 20%|
|Movement speed increase duration: 3s|
|Vulcan blasts a fireball out of his Forge, pushing him back and dealing damage to all enemies in its path, marking the first god that is hit. The Inferno Cannon prioritizes the marked target and deals 10% more damage to that god.|
|Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+80% of your magical power)|
|Mark Lifetime: 4s|
Ability: Projectile, Dash
|Vulcan constructs an Inferno Cannon that shoots fireballs in a cone that deal damage to the target every second. The Inferno Cannon lasts until destroyed or another is placed. This inherits Vulcan's penetrations but does not apply on-hit effects. Inferno Cannon takes 50% additional damage from non-god sources.|
|Damage: 45/70/95/120/145 (+35% of your magical power)|
|Vulcan tosses a bomb that explodes in a radius on impact with the ground, damaging and knocking back nearby enemies.|
|Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+70% of your magical power)|
|Ability: Ground Target|
|Vulcan launches a rocket that explodes on impact with the ground. The rocket starts at 60% strength, and increases damage the further it travels from Vulcan.|
|Damage: 400/520/640/760/880 (+130% of your magical power)|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
As Vulcan kill an opponent with Backfire while they’re knocked up in the air from Magma Bomb.
As Vulcan kill an enemy with your Ultimate at the Maximum Distance.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.16) Note: Chef skin added.
- (Patch 5.14) Note: Backfire Now goes through walls. Inferno Cannon Now Cannon deals damage as if the target had 25% less magical protections.
- (Patch 5.2) Note: Magma Bomb Increased Magical Power Scaling from 70% to 80%.
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Now all mages have magic prot scalings of .9 per level.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Full Metal skin and dance emote added.
- (Patch 3.13) Note: Vulcap’n Redbeard skin added.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: New Passive – Master Craftsman Whenever Vulcan successfully hits an enemy god with an ability he gains +15 MP5 and 15% Movement Speed for 5s.